• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding Application sent to wrong PCT!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!
After waiting for what seems a lifetime without hearing anything, I 'phoned Walsall Manor today, only to find out that my funding application was sent off ONE MONTH ago, but to the wrong PCT.
I think I've read on here, somewhere, that this has happened to other people. Any advice, please? Can anyone remember what happened to others in this situation?:cry::cry::cry:

Oops I've done this wrong - see the next post! :copon:

Last edited:
Yes I remember this happening a short while ago. I seem to remember the funding application was quickly faxed to the correct PCT and the patient phoned to make sure they got it. I think funding came through almost immediately. Good luck WW - I hope your funding comes through really quickly. Zxx

It does seem par for the course in Walsall mind you!!! Ring Walsall and ask them to fax it as a matter of urgency to your PCT - before though ring your PCT and get the name and fax number of who it should be going to and explain the situation, ask them if they could please look at it urgently when it comes through. Ask the PCT to phone you if it isn't received the next day.

It does seem par for the course in Walsall mind you!!! Ring Walsall and ask them to fax it as a matter of urgency to your PCT - before though ring your PCT and get the name and fax number of who it should be going to and explain the situation, ask them if they could please look at it urgently when it comes through. Ask the PCT to phone you if it isn't received the next day.

Thanks, Lorna.
I seem to remember that this has happened before at Walsall, but I can't remember who it was.
Sue x

It happened to me. They sent it to South Birmingham PCT instead of Birmingham East & North. I only found out after chasing to see what had happened. Once I had pointed out the error, Tracey Lowe emailed it straight over to BENPCT who replied the same day, via email. But that's BENPCT, who do make decisions on funding very quickly.

are secraterys thick as well as stupid ? or just plain thick ? they cant even put a stamp on a simple letter and send it to the correct place !

macdonalds rejects or what !

:whoopass:

It amazes me how anyone ever gets their surgery at Walsall. The admin is shocking and it seems that nearly everyone has had some problem or another. Thank god the secretaries arent perfoming our surgeries.

Well WW - i think you've had advice from the master (B&R) what she doesn't know about this weight loss system it's not worth knowing about!!!!! lol Seriously though i do hope this stupid hiccup gets itself sorted and quickly and once it is i'm sure the rest will be plain sailing - sending hugs with fairy dust to put a smile back on your face x

yep.... admin probs here too. THey lost my referral form from the GP

Doesn't instill you with confidence does it. Surgery is stressful enough without having to ring and chase all the time.

We know that people arn't perfect but there seems to be alot of mistakes made at Walsall. Seems like its something which they should address.

I can only speak from my experiences, but the surgery and care side of the NHS i can't speak of highly enough. The admin side leaves alot to be desired. I never received a letter in 2005 about sleep apnea tests and because of this it could now put my weight loss surgery into next year. Across my doctors notes in bold red writing was the words 'did not turn up for appointment'. A 10 second call to see if i had received a letter or forgot appointment or just couldn't be bothered would have cleared this up

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I feel so low about it all. I'm starting to feel it's just a pipedream, now, that's never going to happen. I think the waiting between appointments is bad enough without the stress of paper work going astray. Does anyone feel the same as me, that the wait between appointments is just a way of keeping patients in a 'holding bay'. Cooling Off period???????? what's all that about!!
I do appreciate the replies. Thanks xxxxxxxx

Yep I agree with red. I also think that Walsall have seen a Massive increase in their workload and are just not coping well with the sudden influx. I know it's easy for me to say now that I have my date but try to be patient as stressing won't make it happen sooner xx

Back