• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band TOMORROW(!) at Dolan Park - HELP!

Simon41

Hi, tomorrow (12th Nov) is D Day for me... Gastric Band procedure at Dolan Park with Mr Super...
Pre-op nerves I guess, but now I'm thinking I really should have done more research rather than jump in head first, I only started thinking about this procedure 3 weeks ago and here I am, less than 24 hours to go...
How will I really feel tomorrow after the op?
How long will it take to feel 'normal' again?
Help!!!

Best Wishes!
I've no personal experience of that procedure so can't give specific advice, but I have had cosmetic surgery, and am glad I did it as I feel it allowed my to take control of things I was unhappy with. I hope you feel the same :)

i was banded and was feeling pretty normal with in a few days just a bit sore, after a week or so i was fine and 2 weeks later eating as normal its not a pyhsically demanding as the bypass and if your op goes well they sometimes let you home that day [i asked to stay the night lol] i dont regret mine for a second

Hi Simon

I understand how your feeling, i'm sure plenty of us will admit we all felt pretty much the same, I had a bypass so can't say on how you will feel, but I am sure one of our lovely ladies will be along very shortly, as sernitylove was and help you...

Look at this as a nice freash start.... yyou will be fine... good luck and let us all know how you get on

Just wanted to say good luck for a speedy recovery and i hope all goes well for you. Do let us know how everything goes for you. xx

Also, remember that a gastric band is completely reversible, unlike a by-pass.

Last edited:
hi i was banded at same place 11weeks ago its natural to feel nervous but you will be fine the hospital is very nice
takecare
emma

Good luck for tomorrow :) Have a read through some of the banders diarys on here if you want some more knowledge,

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/64952-announcing-delivery-alice-band-ive-done.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-we...bander-story-so-far-one-fill-4-stone-off.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/51189-lovebugs-lap-band-diary-i-got-job-yipeeeee.html

Lots of the banders here have been to Dolan Park, and all came back to tell their story afterwards :) An important thing with the band though is to remember that it's not an instant fix, you have to work with it and until you reach the right level of restriction (which might take 2-5 fills and 2-5 months) losing weight will be down to willpower.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Shel

Hi, tomorrow (12th Nov) is D Day for me... Gastric Band procedure at Dolan Park with Mr Super...
Pre-op nerves I guess, but now I'm thinking I really should have done more research rather than jump in head first, I only started thinking about this procedure 3 weeks ago and here I am, less than 24 hours to go...
How will I really feel tomorrow after the op?
How long will it take to feel 'normal' again?
Help!!!
Hi Simon

I was banded 2 weeks ago at Dolan Park, its a lovely place the only bad thing Id say is the way they just leave you in reception for a couple of hours in the morning. You will just feel like you've been hit by a truck for about 4 days after that just a bit of discomfort. Ive gone back to work today all fine just feel abit tired as only just started eating again need to build up energy.

How much weight you want to lose? Hows your pre op diet gone? What area are you from?

Dee x

pro op nerves are perfectly normal as we have all had them b4 our ops, you will be ok a bit sore for a few days, but you should be able to move about the same day.

good luck simon

liz x

Hi Simon, I had a band fitted at Dolan Park by Dr Super too about 2 weeks ago. He really seems to know his stuff and I found him really nice.
The hospitals nice too but as Dee has already pointed out they do leave u waiting in reception a while in the morning ( I got there just before 7am and was the last one to b shown to my room at after 9am - boring!!!! ) and also they like chucking u out early the next day. I got woke up at quarter to six and was told to get up cos breakfast ( yoghurt - again!!! ) was on its way.
I like you didn`t give it much thought I just read about it and booked it but I`m one of those people that if I`d have left it I would never have had it done and this site helped me alot. If you ever need any tips or advice on anything there`s always people to help on here.
I`ll admit it was a bit painful the first few days. I found the wind in my shoulder the worst but gripe water seemed to sort it out. But now I feel fine just a bit of itching and discomfort round my wound sites. Like Shel said I have found weight loss very slow post op but I`m hoping after I`ve had a few fills it`ll speed up a bit. Good luck for your op hun and keep us posted on your journey!!

Thank You All

Thanks for the messages of support... I am really grateful...

Crazy really, but I'm still at work (9.15pm) and will probably be here for another couple hours AND my op is tomorrow...

No rest for the wicked! One of the perils of working for oneself...

thanks for your reply...

I was 19st 10lb a week ago... now I'm 19st 1lb... havent been able to do the dodgy pre-op diet as I dont do milk or yogurt... so I've religiously stuck to 1000 calories per day... I live in a village close to Milton Keynes...

Take care,

Simon

Hi Simon Good Luck for tomorrow I had a band fitted in July and it really is as previously said not too bad at all the worst part is the trapped wind but as already advised get some gripe water. I had no painkillers at all after leaving hospital and I would say it is more discomfort than pain. I was driving again within 2 weeks. Dont forget to come back and tell us all about it.
Best Wishes

Hi Simon,

I hope surgery went well and that you are beginning your road to recovery and weight loss.
I had a band fitted at the end of April and can remember crying the morning of the operation I was so scared. It took me 2 days to get back on track and I was back in work on the Tuesday (had operation on Friday). Some people recover quicker than others just remember that and also remember to take any pain killers and antibiotics they give you to recover faster (dont try and be brave...it hurts!)
I suffered with the trapped wind in my shoulder too and the gripe water definitely works.
Also dont try and rush back into eating again...follow the plans that you are given.

Good luck fellow Bander!!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Back