• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band

bubblyanne

Hi everyone,

i'm new on this site and wanted to say a big hello.
I'm hoping to have the band fitted this year (in october) with a company called cosmetic bliss. my uncle went with them and thought they were great and i met them and feel the same, has anyone else out there gone with them or planning too. i would love to hear from you.

thanks
Anne :talk017:

Hi Anne

Sorry havent heard of them dont recall any other banders mentioning them either. Are they in this country?

Maz x

Just looked them up, they work in conjunction with the company I had mine through for the UK aftercare and band fills. I would recommend you research the surgeon, other than that you have your uncles recommendation.

There are so many companies out there but for private patients, the surgeon and aftercare package should be your key decision makers.

Maz x

hi thanks for the replys,
they are a uk company but the surgeries are done in the czech republic. i went with my uncle last sept when he had the sleeve with them so i was very lucky and got to meet Dr. Cierny and his team at the clinic and they are just great. and yes you have your bandfills done through WLS but there not part of cosmetic bliss but the first 3 fills are included and the aftercare. i guess i'm lucky as i have met everyone already just saving to go now.

Anne x:p

Hi there,

Just remember that you will need band adjustments for the life of the band (15-20 years) so a lifetime aftercare plan might be worth looking into.

Its very rare that banders get the best restriction possible with just three fills.

Good luck with your journey though :)

Hi im allso nhs but wanted to say hi welcome and good luck there is alway some 1 here the help if you need it
xx

Cosmetic Bliss

Hi everyone,

i'm new on this site and wanted to say a big hello.
I'm hoping to have the band fitted this year (in october) with a company called cosmetic bliss. my uncle went with them and thought they were great and i met them and feel the same, has anyone else out there gone with them or planning too. i would love to hear from you.

thanks
Anne :talk017:

Hi, I have heard of Cosmetic Bliss, I used them last August to have the Gastric Sleeve. This is my story. I was just over 20 stone. I did a lot of research and did not take this decision lightly. After speaking to several companies I spoke to Michael at Cosmetic Bliss and my journey began. The day came to fly out and I was very nervous, until I met Michael and Deborah at the airport and all my worries went. I also met the 2 other people who were having surgery at the same time. We arrived in Brno and went to the Grand Hotel (which was nice), and we all had drinks and Deborah and Michael explained what would happen the next day and all the tests we would have. They answered all our questions. Next morning Deborah came early and took all of us up to the clinic where we would stay till we went home on the Friday. It was a busy day with all the tests, the last one was the psychologist which I found very helpful.
Deborah & Dr Cierny came in and explained the surgeries to us and talked to us about life after weight loss surgery. Dr Cierny is really good – I think he has a very good reputation.
We all discussed that night about the tests and how we had been treated during the day – we could not believe how much detail they went into – we felt we had had a full body MOT.
Surgery was the next day – I can’t remember much that day – I slept a lot, but I know Deborah came to see me, and my wife told me later that she called her to let her know everything had gone to plan. The next morning Dr Cierny came to see us with Deborah and explained we were going off for an xray and then we could drink. We were also explained how important it is to walk over the next few days and boy oh boy Deborah is like a mother hen she will get you up and walk with you and makes sure you do everything you are told. Friday came, we all said our goodbyes then we were picked up and taken to the airport to go home. I was glad to get home as it was the beginning of my new life. Cosmetic Bliss called me to make sure all was well They have being a true support and nothing is too much trouble, They still contact me. I am now on nine months and loving the new me and have learnt so much. The main thing is that you must work with whatever weight loss surgery you have. I am 14st and very pleased. My BMI is 27. I feel loads of get up and go and don’t want to sleep as much. i hope your uncle had a good experience and is doing well with weight loss. Good luck with your band when you go, one of the people that went with me had the band and is doing well she is on her3rd band fill and has lost 5st so far. I hear from her a lot as we have become good friends. If I can answer any questions please post them.
Rupert x

gastric band re: cosmetic bliss

Hi Rupert,
thanks for your story it's really nice to hear someone elses story with cosmetic bliss and it makes me feel better to know that you found them to be fantastic too!

thanks
Anne:talk017:

Goodluck Anne and welcome to Mini's.

HI Anne thanks for the reply, when do you think you will be having your band done.! I ask as i am going back out there in august as my wife wants to see the cosmetic Doctors and get some advise from them,and i will go see DR Cierny and Nurses and of course Mike and Deborah.It would be great to meet you out there and give you some encouragement .Any way all the best.
Thanks
Rupert

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the welcomes and helpful replies and a very good luck to rupert and your wife, keep us undated and i will all of you.

Thanks

Anne:talk017:

Back