• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

jayne2404

Hi All I would like to hear from anyone who has had a gastric band fitted. Had mine fitted in Feb 09 and have had 2 band fills since then. I dont seem to be loosing weight very quickly, although my clothes are getting looser. Anyone else having same problem. Does it get better.

Hi Jayne and :welcome2:to mini's. I had my band done in may. I lost alot of weight on my pre op diet but only losing a lb or 2lb a week which is what they told me I'd lose. I have'nt had a fill yet so at the moment I don't have much restriction. I'm sure a more experienced bander will be along soon to advise you.

its not uncomommon to not loose alot untill you have reasonable restriction as food can still pass thru i had my band last sept and have been lucky i always loose more for first month after fill then it slows again i aim for 2lb a week some weeks i do others i dont but monthly it seems to work out. hang in there get another fill booked and remember you wont loose big amounts weekly like you do with bypass it a long journey

Hi All I would like to hear from anyone who has had a gastric band fitted. Had mine fitted in Feb 09 and have had 2 band fills since then. I dont seem to be loosing weight very quickly, although my clothes are getting looser. Anyone else having same problem. Does it get better.

hi jayne, 1-3llbs a week is average for a bander, loosing weight with a band is a slow process but normal.
are you eating the right food types for the level of restriction you have at present ? and are you portion controliing correctly ? the best way to keep on top of the portion control is to buy a childs plate and bowl. what exercise are you doing if any as upping the exercise can help alot.

liz x

Last edited:
Hi i had band and first fill 2 weeks sat i can eat still no problems and weight is same hope it starts to come off soon lost 30 pound so far .I had 3 mls at op then 7 and half at first fill thought i would find it hard to eat food but i dont.I have 14 ml band i hope next fill things are better.I do feel full after eating but thought i would not be able to eat without any problems i hope everything is ok with band it looked ok under xray.Is this normal for some .

Hi i had band and first fill 2 weeks sat i can eat still no problems and weight is same hope it starts to come off soon lost 30 pound so far .I had 3 mls at op then 7 and half at first fill thought i would find it hard to eat food but i dont.I have 14 ml band i hope next fill things are better.I do feel full after eating but thought i would not be able to eat without any problems i hope everything is ok with band it looked ok under xray.Is this normal for some .

yes it is it took me 4 fills to really get there, i also have a 14ml band and have 8.75mls in it at mo and it given me great restriction although im needing a top up so hope your restriction is soon for you

Hi, just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to you x

Hi there, it does sound as if you need another adjustment. I have my fourth one next week and right now I have really stalled, so I am hoping that will kick start it again.

Try and keep in the back of your mind that all people who are loosing weight, with whatever method, will at some point stall. It's all part of the process.

:);)

Thanks everyone this as made me feel better i think i am just panicking over nothing. I think i need to eat more solid food so far i have eaten jacket potatoe and lots of soft food i think maybe i need to eat things that are not so easy.Everyone says i look thinner but i can not see it.You are all such a great support i am so glad you are all there.Big hugs

Many thanks for all the posts. Perhaps I am expecting too much. Have lost about 26lbs since start of milk diet, was expecting it to really fall off. I think I will book another fill. I have a 10mil band and I have 5mil in so far. Just would like to get into the next lot of stones as haven't been there for about 18 years.

That is an average of 2lb a week which is perfect and what is expected. You are doing really well. Keep it up and do go for another fill as it will kick start things again for you.

Back