• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

georgina

georgina

Well hello everyone my name is Georgina im 39 and like my friend debs76 i had a bypass on may 31st 2007, my starting weight was 25st now im 18st but for the last 5-6 weeks ive stayed the same:cry:i have trouble eatin most foods but like alot of you crisps and sweets and snacks go down easily so naughty me :( i would like some encouragement and support with protein if anyone has it, i would like to say congratulations to deb76 on her loss of 9st i met her last year when we had a bypass on the same day and we have kept in touch so thanks deb for your support to me :) its a long hard road and its very emotional as well physically as well as mentally, oh and next week i will reach another milestone, i will be 40 :D i have a wonderful husband and 4 great kids who give me support but just wanted feedback off people who have had a bypass thanks for taking the time to read this and i wish everyone good luck with their weightloss, :D

Hi Georgina, not had a bypass but just read your post and wanted to say hello and keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll keep losing just on a bit of a plataeu at the moment.

I hope someone comes along soon that can give you a bit of support on the protein issue.........sorry I have no concept of what happens after a bypass so i'm no help! But here are some good vibes coming your way... :vibes::vibes::vibes:

heya

sorry i haven't had a bypass but wanted to wish you luck on your journey

x

Sian xx

hi lyndsey thanx 4 the kind words and support ur doin well yourself even though u havent had a bypass keep up the good work lv georgina xxx :) :D

:phi sian thanx for writing back to me i wish u every sucess with ur weightloss and good luck with the gym xxx :eek: :D

hi georgina, i had my bypass on the first of feb... i call my new stomach the alien cos im having to learn anew wot i can feed it without it going glug glug and makin me feel sick or tired....lol... protien... i love roast chicken, tuna especially with potato/pasta and sum low fat mayo... also mince... do u hav probs with protien then?? can u eat bread? im scared of it lol... ive had toast but im scared bread will get stuck... i had sum chicken get stuck and lord isnt it painfull???? ive just been given a list of vitamins i have to take... do u cope ok on the vitamins??? Dxx

hi nefernefruaten, christ wot a name lol, im coping ok with my vitamins and calcium at the moment and for the past 6 months ive had to take extra folic acid and zinc for hair loss, i know wot u mean about the pouch bein an alien mine growls all the time i can eat bread and i find crusty bread easier to eat though but every 1 is different i suppose last week i lost 6lbs so that was good for me as i stayed the same for 6 weeks, i cant stand the look of potatoes or milk anymore, ive gone off most things i could eat before but funny enough i can eat chocolate without dumping, some days i feel the need to eat and eat lol but at the moment it mostly ryvitas and ham i cant eat cereal as i cant have milk, my advice to u would be to take it easy with everything its been 9months for me and its not all been plain sailing...do u mind me asking how old u r and ur starting weight, i was 25st and a size 34 in a skirt today i just got into a size 20 skirt so i was well chuffed lol and last thyrsday i celebrated my 40th birthday hope u keep in touch with me and how much av u lost so far xxx

hi lynn well my bypass didnt go as smoothly as id hoped lol, i travelled 374 miles to have my op but was worth it i paid private at bupa, when i got home and after about 3 days i noticed a giant black bruise on my left hand side then my husband asked me wot was that black stain on me and it turned out to be my scar from the keyhole surgery had split open so i was taken to my nearest hospital and for the next 6months i had to go to my surgery to have this hole packed and dressed it was very painful as i had to have over 12inches of packing pushed down into my stomach everyday lol then i got mrsa so wasnt very nice im left with a permanent hole so its looks like i have 2 belly buttons lol i still have pain in my left side especially if i lean against something but i just got to get on with it how have u been and have u had sergery xxx

hi lynn well my bypass didnt go as smoothly as id hoped lol, i travelled 374 miles to have my op but was worth it i paid private at bupa, when i got home and after about 3 days i noticed a giant black bruise on my left hand side then my husband asked me wot was that black stain on me and it turned out to be my scar from the keyhole surgery had split open so i was taken to my nearest hospital and for the next 6months i had to go to my surgery to have this hole packed and dressed it was very painful as i had to have over 12inches of packing pushed down into my stomach everyday lol then i got mrsa so wasnt very nice im left with a permanent hole so its looks like i have 2 belly buttons lol i still have pain in my left side especially if i lean against something but i just got to get on with it how have u been and have u had sergery xxx

sorry to hear you had a bad exp- it IS a big op so think in a way it could of been worse....stay positive...you are on the road to weight loss x

Sian xx

hi sian i tried the camebridge diet when it more or less 1st came out lol as u can guess it failed after more than 15 years of diets i finally had a bypass and the weight is going so im glad u have done very well on yours and i take my hat off to u 4 doing it without surgery good luck lv georgina xxx :)

hi sian i tried the camebridge diet when it more or less 1st came out lol as u can guess it failed after more than 15 years of diets i finally had a bypass and the weight is going so im glad u have done very well on yours and i take my hat off to u 4 doing it without surgery good luck lv georgina xxx :)

heya again

well in a way i have gone via the surgery route as i had to have a tummy tuck.... but as all people know- any diet is V hard to do.

am glad to hear things are going better for you and that the weight is coming off- the right way woohoooo.

hope you have a good weight loss and think by summer- nicer clothes :D

take care x

Sian xx

Regarding the protein, my friend had a bipass last year and get these protein shots from the net. I don't know what site she uses, but I guess just type in protein shots and see what comes up. They provide 70g of protein and come in clear plastic cylinders of fruit flavoured liquid in bright colours. I think the dietician at the hospital recomended them. Good luck

hi georgina, my name is Donna by the way lol less of a mouthful....
im 40 and started off at just over 22 stone a size 28 ive now lost 4 stone so im down to 18 stone and nearly into my size 22 jeans. im feeling more like myself now. i never went much below 17 stone in the last 20 years so its gona be so weird but so wonderful seeing what i look like below that. just started on my vitamins, its ok but i dont like chewing chalky calcium tabs yuck makes me feel sick. ive never really been sick (apart from the sticking chicken lol) but i tend to feel sick after i eat. before i had the bypass i loved savories crisps sausage rolls pasteries bread huge bowls of pasta etc... now i get pain if i eat stodgy stuff so i havent!! i do eat low fat crisps and go ahead chocs etc... but food doesnt hold as much pleasure as it used to... im starting to like things i didnt b4 like fruit. does it get easier as time goes on???? Dxx

hi donna at last sum1 my own age lol, yes it does get easier as time goes on, i like and eat things now that i didnt b4 my op i also eat more fruit now i do eat crisps but until u sed i didnt think of low fat crisps lol, as u mite know b4 my op i was 25st now 17st 11lbs so going good i was neva a big eater to begin with mostly salad rolls which i miss lol i can eat them now well it depends on wether my pouch likes it from 1 day to the next, i have trouble with pastry so i tend not to bother and after a while your hunger will start to come back and u feel the need to eat lol, i know what u mean about the calcium tablets they r not nice but u got to take them i also take my vitamins and folic acid everyday i might slip up on the odd day and forget but not often, you dont tend to look at food again the way u used to because i feel sick just thinking about it sometimes so i think every1 is in that boat, some days i can eat all day and others nothing so it depends really, you have done very well so far so good luck and congratulations any more questions just ask ok lv georgina xxx

hi sian thanx for giving me encouragement xx u look like your doing well on your diet so good luck and keep me posted ok lv georgina xxx

hi sian thanx for giving me encouragement xx u look like your doing well on your diet so good luck and keep me posted ok lv georgina xxx

np's

we all are trying to get to the same goal and i think encouragement is a good thing....hell i need it still lol

Sian xx

Back