• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to the loo post op... TMI?

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
How long does it take for your 'bowel movements' to restart after your op??

Im 4 days out and although my weewees is back to normal; I havent *ahem* had a poo since last monday!! 11th Nov. Nor have I had any sensation to go so dont feel constipated or anything :/

Its saving money on toilet roll :)

I can't remember for definite but I'm pretty certain mine took a fair few days to start working again with a couple of weeks where I wasn't drink enough so was a little constipated.

Now, 9 months or so out, I only have a (big but not uncomfortable) bowel motion every 2-3 days and don't feel bloated efc.

About an hour after I posted that I had the urge to go. Oh god :( Cant deal with half hour on the loo only to poop rocks! With great difficulty may I add! It brought tears to my eyes :(

While we are on the subject..., sorry to be crude but I go every other day, no problems EXCEPT it won't flush???!??? Has caused me embarrassment a few times!

Scoop it up & fling it out the window??? Lol :p

Yeah it wasnt very nice :( My poor bum! I do need to drink more but I find it hard fitting it all in my new tiny tummy! I should be seeing my GP or nurse for a check up soon. I may mention to them that Im having problems and see if they can prescribe me something gentle?

I am seven and a half weeks post bypass and have only just started to "go" naturally !!

I have had quite a few dumping episodes so that helps (in that department only !) because that always ends in diarrhoea.

The rest of the time have been using movicol sachets and my provider said that that was fine. ;)

Wish I could scoop it! But seriously does anyone else have this issue of it not flushing? X

Ask your gp for some lactulose as it will help soften things so its not so uncomfortable.

Borogirl, I do. Tends to happen when there's not enough fibre in my days intake. Try upping fibre - fruit,veg,whole meal stuff.

Thank you. I know its difficult to talk about, but it's a nightmare at times, especially at work where there is only 1 ladies in my dept, and no window!!! I am sure the flush is faulty too ! St least we can laugh about it!!!

Back