• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone rearranged surgery on NHS?

Had some good news today....I have my surgery date!!

Wooow!! We all say...

BUT

It is in two weeks and is while I am away on holiday.:mad:
It is my first EVER holiday abroard and I have been planning it for nearly a year. I really don't want to cancel it and lose all my money and my chance to go on a plane.

I need to speak to my surgeon's secretary but I can't speak to her until tomorrow obviously so I am just looking for a bit of reassurance. Has anyone asked for their NHS surgery to be rearranged? Was it possible? Do you think they would see a holiday as not a good enough reason?

Aaaargh!
Thanks

Earlier this year I was offered a date which was 2 weeks after my return from holiday. I said I didn't think it gave me enough time for the pre-op regime and they had no problem with that.

Rose

Hi Sinead

Im sure they wont have a problem, let us know who you get on and have a fab holiday x

Cheers girls

I rang the secretary this morning and asked her rearrange the surgery. She cancelled my op now so until the new date is arranged I am back in limbo... by choice. Fool!

Anyway, she seemed fine about it and I feel much happier now I have done that and know I can still go on holiday and that my surgery will still definitely be before the middle of July. Phew

I have my dietician appointment next week and she said not to bother cancelling that because I might as well get it out of the way.

Now.... time to focus on stressing about the packing....and my first time on a plane...and volcanic ash...and so on

Thanks again and I will let you know of anything else that comes up.

Back