• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having my CPEX tomorrow! Any tips/advice?

amysbypass

Hi Everyone!

Sorry i haven't been around much lately.
Been sooooo busy!!!!

Anyway, having my CPEX (cardio pulmnary exercise test!) tomorrow.
Can anyone give any help, tips, advice???

What to wear or not wear?
What to bring?
How long will it take?
What exactly happens?

I would be grateful for anyones words of wisdom and advice!

Thanks everyone!

Amy :p

if so ... its about an hr ..

take a towel.
change of top.
deodorant.
water/drink.

its around an hr you fill a questionnaire in first of all.

then they bring you in too the room and sit you in the seat thankfully its a new bike so its like a chair and not a bike seat its like one of them bikes in the gym sat back with legs out in front ..

they attach an ECG to u to put something like sports bra or a nice bra on cause they will want u prob topless.

and then they put a belt under your Brest's on ur mid rift with gel on it.

you have a blood pressure cuff on you arm with a Mic attached to that.

and you have what i can only say is a life jacked over your shoulders with machine in it.

they then put a rubber mask over ur mouth and nose and that has a tube coming of it that has like a fan it in that when you breath it goes around and its attached to computer..

everything u are attached to is attached to a computer.

once everything is on they have you sit for 5 Min's doing nothing to get normal readings.

then they ask you to start cycling it gets harder and harder as it goes and your asked to cycle for as long as possible till you can not do it anymore..

then you sit a further 10 Min's till your body goes back to normal

and thats it .. i was soaked and shattered.

they had to get the DR in cause my heart went all funny i was having ecotopic heart beats and they was not sure what was wrong with me. that was before i even started lol ..

there was 2 blokes in the room doing the test one American guy other a gym fit guy. and a nurse watching my heart rate..

you will be fine .. xx

Hi Brett,
yeah i'm going to be at the whit.
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated! I really hope i haven't got to go topless! Or just in my bra! OMG! My boobs would knock me out! Lol! And in front of two fit men! NOOO!

Back