• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandra's Pre Op Diary

MrsN

Well done!

sandra overton

my name is sandra and this is my diary

my journey began when I got sterilised in 1983 I began to pile on the weight so joined weight watchers then I was only 2 stone overweight and managed to lose it but when you leave I comes back on but I was quite active then and went up and down .has I got a bit older I got to 12 stone i did the atkins diet and lost 3 stone kept it off a while but of course it started creeping up again and I tried to do atkins again and found it really hard in 1989 I had an womb removed and I got to 13 stone moving on to 2008 I had an upset my daughter that was under domestic violence had her 3 boys taken into care and she fought tooth and nail for them children but she kept going back to the father he then got a new girlfriend and the lies she told was shocking social services believed her and the barrister said she might not get them back so me and my husband nan and grandad stepped in after 1and half years they came to live with us twin boys aged 11 and the youngest 9 they are great kids the twins are 19 now and the youngest 16 and one of the twins is soon to be a father but they ate like horses and of course big portions I was still fine but overweight then I decided to give up smoking then my trouble started first I got copd / asthma I gotinhalersfor that then obscutive sleep apnea got a cpap machine i asked the doctors for help they help you to give up smoking but not for your weight i went to slimming world but managed to lose i stone but i didnt like the teacher and it put me off also on my journry tried slimming pills then weighed 14 stone then came inter cranial hypertension then put on another stone then got diabetes type 2 and now on medication also had to have lumber punctures which I hate because of the fluid build up in my brain then the consultant at the hospital said if you go to luton and dunstable and you have surgery all you illnesses would improve or go altogether and I put on another stone i also have degenerate knee and the hospital refused to do my knee so I am now with luton and dunstable and my journey has began I'm on the milk diet for 4 weeks I been on it for 2 weeks lost 10lb I have appointment with the nurse on the 14thfeb and the anethatist on the 27th only 4ft 11 inches and much to heavy should be half the size my illnesses are all controlled so let's hope the anthetist is happy and I'll keep you posted

FeeBee

sandra overton

I have an appointment with the nurse it's my 2nd appointment what happens with her I have no idea what she goes through with you would like to know what to expect I'm with luton and dunstable

Lottiewishes

Good luck with your journey... I will ( if ok) have my surgery at luton too :) xxxx

sandra overton

I am doing milk diet it's been almost 3 weeks and got a rotten cold and something I haven't had for years cystitis do you think it is the milk or just one of them things feel a bit weak don't want to fail with the milk diet go back to see nurse on 14th Feb anybody else had this on there milk diet

Hannah2

Can't help with specifics but I would go see your GP about the cystitis, are you drinking other liquids or just the milk?

Best to see about it as you don't want it getting worse or being a UTI!

SAM55

Could very well be lack of fluid. As Hannah says, see GP, as likely to be a UTI. I had one post-op for the same reason, couldn't get enough fluids in.

sandra overton

I'm having 4 pints of milk I only drink green tea have water bovril sugar free jelly I'll will drink more water see how I go and I'll make appointment with my GP just to make sure thankyou for replies xx