• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help advise on PCT funding please

gingernutter

Hi

Yesterday I seen an obesity consultant at the hospital. He has suggested a gastric bye pass for me however I do not fit the criteria for funding. He has wrote to my GP to ask him to look for funding from the PCT.

I have a life time of wieght problems. I have a BMI of 48.5 yet this isn't enough. Can anyone give me any advise on what I can do to help my own case for funding. Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks

Sarah

Last edited:
Hi fight and fight and then fight some more, dont take no for an answer.....it will get tough and you will feel like throwing the towel in but keep on going. This forum is full of advice and more importantly support. Linda x

Hi each PCT is different but the briteria where i am was a BMI over 40. If you have health issues such as diabetes or high blood pressure it just adds to your case. My funding was approved quickly and the whole process took only 5 months. xx

My GP sought my funding & it was approved quickly, but I know that some do struggle quite a bit. The best advice I have heard is that you need to be armed with figures & statistics as to how much your future health costs would be WITHOUT surgery (ie, medication from diabetes, heart conditions, blood pressure, pain relief, etc due to complications from being overweight). All adds to the case apparently

Back