• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help Band Advice on Best Company ETC?????

size102b

Hello I have been researching Banding for ages and I read so many different things.
I wont go abroad so its uk only and Im private my DR just smirked when I mentioned it to him???
Would anyone please help me.

Best package company?
Price,Location and aftercare & importantly Surgeon?

So far Ive found out:
WLS Group Preston 6450 pounds from 1st june,they are increasing their prices,you get 2 years aftercare with unlimted refils and I can have my aftercare & refills done in London.

Surgicare:
London 8000 pounds & lifetime aftercare

THG: Wouldnt use them to much bad feedback.

Spire Southampton(near too where I live)
5790 pounds 2 refills & 2 aftercare.

Ive read many others,but Id like

Im in Hampshire.Id like a good surgeon.
A good aftercare package.A good price lol.

Thanks.Oh I cant put the pound sign as my new wireless keyboard is naff xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi - me again

As you know I had my band done through WLS Group at preston, which was only £5950. The package does include 2 years after care plus unlimited fills/de fills. After the 2 years you can buy additional packages. My surgeon was fantastic but only operates (privately) from the hospital at preston. Luckily I can get my fills at b'ham. Travelling to London wouldnt be much fun for you though.

Dont really know much about surgicare but the unlimited aftercare only includes 2 fills so you will eventually have to look at purchasing an additional package.

A lot of people on here have gone via spire but cant recall how it all went. You will probably need to have more than 2 fills so again you will need an additional package. However as its so close you might save with the travelling etc.

If you havent done so allready get as many as poss to send all of the literature have a good read through, research the surgeons and weigh up the pro's and cons of each comapny.

Happy researching!

Maz x

Last edited:

baby jayne

Hi Size 102b
I had mine done at Spire Manchester with Mr Amouri and was so glsd I did. I could have gone through Surgicare to book the same surgeon but it was £500 more and I weighed it up and there was no difference in going direct with Spire, so presumed this must be there agency fee.

I personally would go with a company that does band fills under xray as I have heard a few tales of the tube going to the band being peirced as they have to feel around to find centre of port hole.
My aftercare package includes 3 fills under x-ray and 2 years with dietician/support etc. The cost is £7000 plus £150 for each x-ray band fill after the 3 I get included.

The Surgeon has an excellent reputation and I would advise you to research the Surgeon thoroughly.

Good luck x

size102b

Hi Size 102b
I had mine done at Spire Manchester with Mr Amouri and was so glsd I did. I could have gone through Surgicare to book the same surgeon but it was £500 more and I weighed it up and there was no difference in going direct with Spire, so presumed this must be there agency fee.

I personally would go with a company that does band fills under xray as I have heard a few tales of the tube going to the band being peirced as they have to feel around to find centre of port hole.
My aftercare package includes 3 fills under x-ray and 2 years with dietician/support etc. The cost is £7000 plus £150 for each x-ray band fill after the 3 I get included.

The Surgeon has an excellent reputation and I would advise you to research the Surgeon thoroughly.

Good luck x

Many Thanks Oh its so confusing lol xxx

baby jayne

Research Bareatric Surgeons in Southampton and see what comes up, also get in touch with companys and ask for the name of their surgeon...research them.
I had my band on Saturday and am doing well with no pain now and think a lot of how you feel after surgery is down to the surgeon.

size102b

Research Bareatric Surgeons in Southampton and see what comes up, also get in touch with companys and ask for the name of their surgeon...research them.
I had my band on Saturday and am doing well with no pain now and think a lot of how you feel after surgery is down to the surgeon.

Yes I am looking at surgeons but most just say they have years experience etc etc ?xx Well done you I hope you lose quickly xxx

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
The only advice I can give is you will need to have adjustments on the band for the life of the band, which could be 15 years plus.

So if you can afford it, go for a lifetime care package.

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
good advice caz x

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi Size102b, I had mine done with the Hospital Group - the Why Go Abroad deal. It cost me £5,500 but would cost someone with BMI under 40 £5,000. It is a basic package - I had the op and xray included in this price. The band fills are separate at £125.00 and the aftercare/support etc I get from NHS Weight Man. Clinic near where I live. I get advice and support worth it's weight in gold from the lovely people here, and I read books. The basic package is not for everyone but thought I would let you know. Good luck in your research x

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
That was supposed to be BMI under 45 gets it for £5000 x

size102b

Hi guys many thanks
I would like the life time after care package but at 8000 pounds I cant really afford that.Spire Bupa at Southampton is 5750 and 2 refills and 2 aftercare then they are 100 after that each.....
If I had 8000m Id go for the full package xx

buglady

hi im in portsmouth ive decided upon spire in havant it is unlimited fills with a years after care package for £6500 and my surgeon is simon toh hes very nice and works along the side of the famous shaw sommers!! spire have a weight loss evening to find out all about it and meet him just call them!!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys many thanks
I would like the life time after care package but at 8000 pounds I cant really afford that.Spire Bupa at Southampton is 5750 and 2 refills and 2 aftercare then they are 100 after that each.....
If I had 8000m Id go for the full package xx

That 'full or lifetime package' only includes 2 fills though hun, then you have to pay extra to buy more. The lifetime bit only covers dietry advice etc.

Maz x

size102b

hi im in portsmouth ive decided upon spire in havant it is unlimited fills with a years after care package for £6500 and my surgeon is simon toh hes very nice and works along the side of the famous shaw sommers!! spire have a weight loss evening to find out all about it and meet him just call them!!

Hi that sounds better for an extra #500 do you have a link? thanx xxx

size102b

That 'full or lifetime package' only includes 2 fills though hun, then you have to pay extra to buy more. The lifetime bit only covers dietry advice etc.

Maz x

Oh thanks Mazza I read that late last night not worth the #2000 extra as dietry advice isnt needed xx:eek:xx

size102b

I have a consultaion 18th June at 2pm with Mr Simon Toh,Shaw Somers group......just wondering if Ill be allowed to have the band and if so when xx

baby jayne

Hi Size
He will ask you your eating habbits and recommend you from there, If you are a quantity eater more than say a grazer or sweet tooth person he may recommend the band. Are you NHS or private?