• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help...Ive got killer trapped wind

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Arrggg I have killer trapped wind in my belly below my band its REALLY hurts, I've been taking good old gripewater and that's helped with the mild pains and with the shoulder pain but I have had horrible bubbling wind all night I can't burp it up as its below the band! Any one else had this and what helped? I'm sleeping sitting up as that hlps with all the aches and pains but not this

Sorry Chick, Not had my op yet, but I just wanted to say hello, and hope the pain eases soon. Everyones journey is so similar, yet so different. This site certainly is a good support.

try a hot water bottle, and I always find a nice warm bath helps. everyone is different, and at the moment, I have been up a good few hours with what feels like a bowel blockage. I have had stomach pains since Thursday, so will have to go to see the doctor today, as they have not gotten any better. I dont see how I can have a blocked bowel because I am still going to the loo, but my stomach is so uncomfortable, so I can sympathise with how you are feeling. I suppose I could have trapped wind, but is not near my port site or what would be my lower stomach. My pain feels more like a colic or bowel problem. Hang in there, take some deep breaths. Sometimes when I did have the problems with the trapped wind, it did help to keep moving, lying about made it worst. :wave_cry:

Hi
For my trapped wind pain following surgery I found those plaster heat thing best . They basically are like a big plaster approx 5 inches square and when you peel the back off its starts heating up and lasts for approx 12 hours. You dont apply direct to skin to above first clothes layer. Also moving about helps.
Yesterday on a 50 mile bike ride on the way home I thought to myself great I havent had any shoulder pain in over a week and then 2 mins later it started. Maybe ny brain sensed it before I could feel it.
I must have eaten my luch of scrambled eggs too fast. Amazing that all my cycling buddies were tucking into massive portions and all I could have was eggs. Worth it though for feeling fitter and thinner- I got my own back on the way home when I smoked a few of them on the hills. Now that must hurt them seeing the big lad who was always out the back passing you on the steep hills.

Hope the pain subsides

Cheers

James

Arrggg I have killer trapped wind in my belly below my band its REALLY hurts, I've been taking good old gripewater and that's helped with the mild pains and with the shoulder pain but I have had horrible bubbling wind all night I can't burp it up as its below the band! Any one else had this and what helped? I'm sleeping sitting up as that hlps with all the aches and pains but not this

Hi, Wanda,
Can't speak from experience, but I'm sure others have posted that sipping warm water can help. x

:flowers::flowers::flowers:Good morning Wanda, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain sweetheart. I know I wanted to know the truth about pain but would'nt wish it on you lol. I don't know what to say as I'm pre op but the heat pad thing sounds sensible.I really hope the pain ease's quick for you but remember you are only 2 days post op. Behave yourself and do as you're told and don't be trying to do too much.
Take care xx Gaynor xx

wanda if the gripe water isnt helping movement is the best thing to move the shoulder pain as just sitting makes it worse, have short bursts of pottering around the house, go from room to room and back again, movement helps disperse the shoulder gas.

liz x

i didnt take anything for mine but the best advice is what liz has just said keep moving it disperses it and keeps it moving hope you feel beeter soon

Poor you chick....I never suffered from it but from reading posts on here they recommend walking around a lot to disperse it....hope it improves soon chick...xx

hiya new to all this! but i use schwepps peppermint cordial a little drop in warm water and it helps all the wind to come out, im pre-op but i used to give this patients after c/sections and it really worked... the only thing im not sure is as it is not sugar free can we have this post banding?? (not been for my pre-op yet)

sian xx

Definitely keep moving, I went out for 5 minute walks the day after whenever I got it...it really helped.

I must have looked so mad, shumbling along at a snail's pace, but the parps I managed to let go off once back - oooo what a relief :)

Back