• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED, PLEASE

Please, please help. Advice needed.
I am so frustrated with the admin at Walsall Manor – I don’t really know what to do.
Approx. 6 weeks after my appointment with Mr. Khan, I telephoned Tracey Lowe to ask if there had been any progress with my funding application. She told me that she had sent it to the wrong PCT !!!!!!! She said she would get the correct forms signed by Dr. Hartland and send them off to the correct PCT (Sandwell) at the end of that week. That was 4 weeks ago. I telephoned Sandwell PCT today to ask how things were progressing. I was told that my funding application had not been received. I called Tracey Lowe, who told me that the forms had not been sent off yet, and would be signed by Dr. Hartland on Friday, then sent off to the PCT. When I reminded her that she told me that last time I spoke to her and that she had sent them to the wrong PCT in the first place, her response was “it happens, sometimes”. She could not even guarantee that the forms would be signed and sent off on Friday – she said "Dr. Hartland is very busy – he’s got 4 baskets of forms to sign”!!!!!
I know I’m not the only person waiting, and I don’t mind waiting my turn, but this ‘loss’ of 10 weeks is just down to very poor admin.
Has anyone got any advice about what I should do L

Hi WW, I have no advice I'm sorry but there are some v clever people who will come along shortly who will, I'm sure.

Just wanted to say that I would be extremely Pi**ed off if it had happened to me - this is people's lives we are talking about afterall. Really hope you get it sorted ASAP x

Why don't you phone and either speak to or leave a message for dr Hartland when ever I had a problem he was really nice and explain to him what has happened and how your feeling and see what he suggests if you get no joy from him speak to pals and they will be able to tell you the best way forward. If you need his extension no i can send it to you via a pm. HTH xxxxxx

Thanks, Jenni, ZNS and Terri.
Yes, please, Terri, would you please pm the extension number. I was a bit unsure about trying to speak to Dr. H. in case he got the hump about me complaining about an admin issue. As much as anything, Tracey's attitude was complete PANTS! Not even so much as an apology. Got to the stage now, where I think I need to do something, though. Might try the pals idea as well. Anyone got a number??

aww Sue, I really feel for you hun. Once again, the admin at Walsall leaves a lot to be desired. It wouldnt be so bad if they were just straight with people about the delays and were all singing from the same hymn sheet, instead of telling people different stories. My friend T (strawberrytwig) has had her own prob chasing up paperwork, and I believe Rach is still waiting who went around same time as you.

Defo give Dr H a ring hun, and failing that, give Mr Khan a ring. The wait is so so frustrating. It does seem that once your funding request actually reaches the PCT that things move quickly from their end and you will then get confirmation from WM that you are on the waiting list. I promise you hun that once the funding headache is out of the way you can relax and start to look forward to your surgery.

Sorry to hear this has happened tp you. I know I got forgotten and was so p*ssed off with the attitude of the surgeons secretary. Keep onto them this time and don't let a day go by without trying to get answers from someone. They'll soon get fed up but SO WHAT you are too and its not your fault.

Back