• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help!!! What is going on!!!

helen144

Hi All

I have had my funding approved by the PCT and a referal has been sent to Salford ryal (Hope) I was presuming under the care of Mr Ammori, but after them having lost one referal and filing another I have managed to finally find out some news.

I have been referred to Mr MOO????? there havnt got a clue who he is what he does, could this be weight loss management courses??? Please help im all confused, i want Mr Ammori........

Does anybody know about salford?

Thanks
Helen
xxxxx

mandy-1975

Hi Well done on getting your funding, if you are unsure call the hospital and ask them, however I have read recently that there is a big demand at present for wls so it could be that the hospital have a few consultants, be positive, it won't harm, to call and ask....

Good luck

phatgirl

My first visit at Salford Royal (Hope) was to see Dr. New. He is/was the consultant you see before you are sent onto the surgeon. He reviewed my file, asked me questions to make sure I was right for wls. He was the one who agreed that I was a good canidate & I believe he is the one who asked for my funding (I know you have your funding already). So don't dispair, Mr. Moo may be another consultant (think of them as the gatekeeper, keeping people who are not appropriate for surgery from wasting the surgeon's time) who prepares your file for Mr. Ammori. But I agree w/Mandy, it never hurts to ask!

Nic:)

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I am undersalford but have to go through 6 monthsweight management first I have had no details of names etc.. so I am guessign this is an alternative consultant
good luck
x

phatgirl

I was sent to weight management for 6 months as well with a dietician (only ended up doing 2 months), I think the dietician at Salford is named Debbie & where I went was a different facility called 'The Willows'.

Cat321

Shrinking
I wonder if they mean Dr New? Never heard of anyone called Moo during my visits and Moo does sound like New?? If it is Dr New you'll be in good hands - very understanding and kind.

Nichole - I saw Debbie at the Willows too, she's lovely isn't she? Had to listen to me crying every week poor girl! I go to see her again next week for some post op advice.

phatgirl

Cat, what an amazing loss!!! You are a star! And, yes Debbie was brilliant. I pleaded with her to check if she could send me on to the surgeon and she was kind enough to review my file and see that I had done 6 months with my GP. So, I was sent on the next month, I have to say I really loved her for that!:D:D:D

Cat321

Shrinking
Ahh thank you! You're not doing too bad yourself are you? That's fabulous!

Yes, she was great with me. When she said she had referred me on my second appointment I nearly kissed her!! Hopefully when I see her next week she will be able to see the difference!

helen144

Yep u were right its Mr New hahahaha god im so thick sometimes, dont know why i have to see him first, there has been no mention of a weight management plan from the PCT, i was just told that I had been approved for funding.

Julie from the waiting lists department has been chasing things up for me and they are waiting for Mr Day to get back in touch with regards to my appointment she said she has got my name at top of list, so fingers crossed.

Phatgirl, how long did u wait to see Mr Day and then how long to see Mr Ammorixxxx

Thanks
Helen
xxxxx

phatgirl

I did not see Mr. Day. I was sent to Dr. New in Feb, saw Dr. New in April(had mix-up from my GP sending me to the wrong dept for over a month) & then the surgeon in May (it was Dr. Axis then). I was notified in September that Mr. Axisa wasn't doing the wls anymore & was being replaced by Dr. Ammori (that was how they explained the long wait from May-September). I was told by Dr. New that from when you see him it should be no more than 14 weeks for the surgery. I saw Dr. Ammori 8th of Oct and then had surgery 29th Oct. I was told that from when Dr. Ammori sees you it should be less than 6 weeks to surgery.

Not sure if that helps you, things always change and I was up in the middle of a surgeon change which impacted my wait time. I have heard it is better now. Also in Salford as far as I know you have to be seen by three professional to get the okay for surgery, my three were Dr. New, Dr. Ammori & the psychologist. This can be different for eveyone.

Cat321

Shrinking
Hey
I think you need to see Dr New so he can arrange your sleep tests, bloods and stuff.
I saw him about 8 weeks after my dietician had said she had referred me, maybe a touch longer.

tendersage

Congrats on the funding and all will be resolved tomorrow at the appointment

charliegirl

I saw Dr New and he is lovely, they do the blood and urine tests etc prior to seeing him. He was unsure if banding or bypass was the better option for me and until that stage I had wanted the band, he referred me on to Mr Ammori and the rest is history, mine took around 21 weeks in all but I did nag a tiny bit along the way lol..xx Oh just remembered he organised the sleep apnea test as well..xx

carenurse09

hi its me i have join laura xx
you will have to have a sleep study i am sure and they will make you see a psychology aswell to make sure you are very sure of the op mr ammori is fab and it was him who sent me to see them her name was carly smith and she is very nice she will spend about an hour in a room with you and talk about when you was young and how was you diet then. i tell you hellen you will be fine if you are under him he has been fab with me and m aftercare aswell xxx all the very best xx

hopelesscase

i also saw dr new he is an endocrainologist as the others have said he is lovely. and as laura says so is carly in gact everyone i came into contact with at the hospital was. i go back to see dr new in march and cant wait to see him and thank him for surgesting wls
good luck
hc

Cat321

Shrinking
Hey HC

I go back to see Dr New in March, what date do you go? We may bump into each other!

Helen - great news about your appt, keep us updated x