• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all, came over from Mini's.

Lyn8124

Journeying to the real me
Hi folks. I typed out my intro at 2am but forgot to tick the remember me box and was signed out and lost it.:eek::D

Anyhow, most of you on here probably know me but to recap:I'm 28 and have had a problem with weight since 5yo. I class myself as a food addict and believe surgery is my last hope. I've tried the usual ww, sw, vlcds etc to no avail. I know wls is not a magic cure but I am prepared to do my bit too, just need a bit of help.

My passport should be here within the next week or 2 and I will be going to Czech Rep asap. I cannot afford gbp in England and the nhs deny any help's available in NI so them's my options. There's 2 ops on offer:gb and sleeve gastrectomy, so will have sleeve.

Welcome to wls side of the forum good luck with your journey x

hey lynn i read your diary on the other side ...so glad yr takin the wls route ,

Thanks for your replies. Losingit, you've read my diary? I call it my tale of woe lol. It's 4 weeks since I sent for my passport. So will probably come back in the next few weeks. I got an email from Cosmetic Bliss telling me what tests I need done this side of things. I will see my GP tomorrow morning and let him know.

I've an appt at the diabetic clinic today at 2.50pm. I will probably get a lecture about my bs levels. It was 8.4 last time and they want me below 7. I have tried explaining I am a food addict but the medical profession do not recognise it as of yet.:rolleyes:

How is there nothing doing on the NHS for you?

Good luck anyways love

Hiya jem. Thanks. Michael McGimpsey the health secretary for NI says 'there is no need for wls in northern ireland'. Loosly translated means he's not willing to plough money into it.:mad::rolleyes:

thats awful! its terrible how money dictates everything - such a shame! So have you good recommendations for this place you are going?

I know it's hard over the water to get wls.... You should speak to MargaretMc, she had her weight loss surgery just before xmas on the nhs...

Such a shame you have to spend what money you have going abroad when you should have the right to it from our own system... See now i'm gonna get on my soap box and go on about all the people from abroad who use our system etc etc grrrrr...

Good luck with the trip, please report in when you get back home. We'll be here waiting for you xx

Back