• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi can anyone help me me

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Hi, I've been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks and decided you don't seem dangerous, so i've plucked up the courage to see if anyone can give me some advice. I've been going to Dr Labibs weight management clinic at Russells hall hospital since last August, had all the tests (heart,lungs,diabetes, etc)and i'm just too healthy (no co-morbidities) just my weight (50 BMI) I was told if i put on 5 stone i could get the bypass no problem but they would discuss my case at the next medical meeting. which was yesterday, when i phoned today to see if they are going to refer me ,I was told my case wasn't discussed at all but would be bought up at the next meting in July. Now the question. DR Labib comes under Dudley PCT ,I live in Sandwell and come under Sandwell PCT .I know Dudley is harder to get funding from for WLS than Sandwell should i approach my GP and just ask him for funding or wait for Dr Labib to get round to discussing my case and to put me forward. Thanx everyone for taking the time to read my boring story.
P.S My GP has sent me for an x-ray and has discovered i've got arthritis in my hips :sigh:

Hi and welcome to minis. You have come to the right place everyone on here are really welcoming. I am sorry but I can't help you as not got my funding yet the decision is being made tomorrow. Good luck hope you get sorted soon.

Hi lamor welcome to minis That sounds excessive asking you to gain 5stone to have a bypass, I am not sure that is very ethical!
I think it would be a good idea to see your own gp what harm can it do to have two irons in the fire and if you get both you can always accept which one you want lol, but it sound like it could take a long time with your Dr Labib, so why not approach your own practice
Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Jay xx

Dont really have any advice, just wanted to say welcome and goodluck with your weightloss journey :) x

Hiya, just wanted to say hello and welcome you to Mini's x

I would say that the arthritus on the hips classes as a comorbidity as you have something that affects your lower limbs. I would phone your local pct and them directly to the bariatric commissioning dept and ask them what their criteria is and if arthritus in your hips would qualify as a comorbidity. If you are unsure of your pct phone your gp surgery and they will tell you.

Hi
I wonder if you could ask your Doctor if he/she could send you to a different PCT/surgeon . I also think its wrong them asking you to put on 5 st more when your bmi is at 50 . The is some PCT`s that do the surgery at less than that bmi . I`m sure the will be someone who will come along and tell you better than I have . I wish you all the best of luck on you weight loss journey lol. Keep us posted to see how you get on . Good luck and take care .
MARGARETXX

If it were me I would go back to my GP and tell them that the clinic are messing you around, saying they will discuss it and then not doing so, 'oh, you'll have to wait another month' And that you would like your GP to refer you directly to your own PCT, who, luckily for you have less requirements for funding.
Good luck.

Hi there, and:welcome2: to mini's. I would definitely make an appointment with the GP and ask him/her to refer you. You've done what they have asked by attending the weight management clinic and now they're messing you around. You don't deserve to be played like this so get stuck in and get them to sort you out. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Thanx

Hi i made an appointment with my GP asked if he would refer me for surgery and he said no problem how easy was that!!!:rolleyes: but at least going to the weight managment clinic means all tests are done already. So i'm feeling much better now :) until next week when i will wonder how long will it take :p
thanx for your support luv Wendy

You are in the right place hun.

Hi, I've been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks and decided you don't seem dangerous, so i've plucked up the courage to see if anyone can give me some advice. I've been going to Dr Labibs weight management clinic at Russells hall hospital since last August, had all the tests (heart,lungs,diabetes, etc)and i'm just too healthy (no co-morbidities) just my weight (50 BMI) I was told if i put on 5 stone i could get the bypass no problem but they would discuss my case at the next medical meeting. which was yesterday, when i phoned today to see if they are going to refer me ,I was told my case wasn't discussed at all but would be bought up at the next meting in July. Now the question. DR Labib comes under Dudley PCT ,I live in Sandwell and come under Sandwell PCT .I know Dudley is harder to get funding from for WLS than Sandwell should i approach my GP and just ask him for funding or wait for Dr Labib to get round to discussing my case and to put me forward. Thanx everyone for taking the time to read my boring story.
P.S My GP has sent me for an x-ray and has discovered i've got arthritis in my hips :sigh:

Hi and welcome, soz I cant help you either, I went private and aboard for my recent band. I just hope you get the advise you need. x

Back