• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from another newbie

willow13

hi, I don't have an actual date for my operation yet but after speaking to the surgeon last week I have been told it will be sometime in feb/march 2014.

Originally I had assumed I would be having a bypass but after speaking to the surgeon he has suggested having a sleeve although will leave the final decision down to me, so now I am trying to read everything I can on both so I can make the most informed decision I can.
I knew I didn't want the band and wanted a more permanent option but hadnt read anything much about sleeves until recently. For those who have had the sleeve operation, have you ever regretted it and wished you had gone for the bypass instead? I guess the same question could be posed for those who have had the bypass, have you ever wished you had gone with the sleeve instead.

Hi and welcome, I had a bypass just over 4 weeks ago, I did lots of research and decided a bypass would be best for me, I have no regrets even though its early days yet :)

Hi and welcome

I had the bypass and am totally happy with it. I have to be honest, I never considered the sleeve as from day one my surgeon(s) recommended the bypass.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

hi and welcome im waiting bypass/sleeve hope bypass but they say maybe sleeve depending on liver size i would say research both thoroughly and then make an informed choice on what you feel is right for you

Hi,

I'm a newbie too, hopefully having surgery in late March-June depending on my uni schedule. I can't give much advice, but I can be here if you need someone to chat with :)

Merry Christmas,

Brooke

Back