• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI everyone Xx

Lel71

Hi I have just received a letter to attend a group information session and then once that's done I.will meet with a clinician for an individual assessment. But the letter doesn't state what stage I'm at. Can you advise me abit on where I'm at as I'm also at the Luton and dunstable hospital. How do you feel after your surgery? And what surgery did you opt for?x

Bling Babe

From my experience once you’ve been invited to your MDT (group session) your on tier 4 xx

Lel71

Hi.
Then it says I will be booked in for an individual assessment with a clinician. What will that be for?

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe, LRD is going well now thanks :) the first night was REALLY bad, I had a bad migraine, dizzy and vomiting but I was told it was because I wasn't drinking enough fluids, so drinking loads now and so far not felt like that since. I am a bit weak and not got much energy, but just putting that down to not eating. Ive been on it for just over 2 weeks now so only another 4 weeks to go lol ( It was meant to be 4 weeks, but when my appointment came though that was 6 weeks away so I called them and she said stay on it until my next appointment because she has to reintroduce me to food again )
I'm really worried I will lose too much weight though, I know I will gain a bit again once I start eating again but I lost 1st 3lb before I started the LRD which was my 5% and I have 10 months left on tier 3 so I know I will lose more but I dont understand how you can follow the programme and not lose weight, if I tried to gain weight a bit so I stay in the BMI criteria they will say i've not followed their advice and kick me off tier 3 but if I stick to it I will lose too much weight and not qualify for surgery.
I will follow their advice and see what happens in 10 months :-/ Xx
Once your on your food introduction programme you can monitor your own weight and change your intake accordingly, I was also in danger of going below the required BMI, I mean really close because I lost 2.5 stone on tier 3 but I jiggled my intake accordingly.
At my MDT I was told they go by the weight at the very beginning but I never really trusted that advice and was petrified of being turned down so I totally understand how your feeling.
I’ll have a chat with mum when I see her. I’m glad your drinking more that really is the key to the milk LRD, well done xx

Bling Babe

Hi there.
I've just received a letter from the l and d to invite me for a group information session. But it doesn't say what tier I'm on. I have the funding as my GP told me but no idea what stage I'm at! It says once I've attended the group session I will then have an individual assessment with a clinician. Do you know what will happen and what stage I'm at?
I have replied on your other post regarding this question x

Bling Babe

Hi.
Then it says I will be booked in for an individual assessment with a clinician. What will that be for?
The clinician went through my medical history, asked me if I really wanted wls and understood what it involved then said he’d be happy to put me forward for it if that what I really wanted x

Lel71

So hopefully that's sort of the stage I might be at when I see the clinician. How long did it take from then to have your surgery?x

Bling Babe

I saw him 30th March 2017, my MDT was 1st August 2017 and had my surgery 5th April 2018. I think timescales have changed now though xx

Lel71

Sorry for all the questions. They don't give you much information with the letter. Are the timescales shorter now?x

Bling Babe

Sorry for all the questions. They don't give you much information with the letter. Are the timescales shorter now?x
I believe they have changed the way they do things, I THINK it’s shorter now but don’t quote me on that xx

Bling Babe

Thanks Bling Babe, I will have to try and pop in with mum one day. It would be lovely to chat in person with you Xx
Absolutely, try to choose a less busy day (not sure how you’d know that because it can change from 1 minute to the next lol) and not for a couple of weeks as I’m flying to St. Lucia on Tuesday 🏝 xx

Bling Babe

How are you getting on @Morebee, hope all is well with you and mum xx

Lel71

Hi everyone, Im on tier 3 at luton & dunstable. looking forward to making some new friends going through the same Xx
Hi
I'm also going through tier 3 at l and d. I've got my next appointment on the 7th of October. I had my group one last month. How far into tier 3 are you?

Morebee

Hi Bling Babe, I've finished my 6 weeks on the milk diet and went back on the 17th to see my dietitan, she told me I have lost too much weight and wont quaify for surgery :-( I could cry! I have mentally prepared myself for surgery for ages. I have lost 3 stone since June but I have always lost weight fast, on avarage a stone a month but I can not keep it off which is why i needed surgery. Xx
Hi Lel71, I started tier 3 in June and on it for 12 months. Xx

Lel71

Hi Morebee.
How can they say you've lost too much weight? That's not fair they've done that! How much weight have you lost of you dont kind me asking?x

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe, I've finished my 6 weeks on the milk diet and went back on the 17th to see my dietitan, she told me I have lost too much weight and wont quaify for surgery :-( I could cry! I have mentally prepared myself for surgery for ages. I have lost 3 stone since June but I have always lost weight fast, on avarage a stone a month but I can not keep it off which is why i needed surgery. Xx
NO !! That’s disgusting, please try to appeal this with them, I was told they go from the starting weight, ask for another referral as well because your weight will go up again xx

Sarnie

How much do you weigh now? What is your BMI? That is terrible, how can they do that, your starting weight is what qualifys you for WLS, not your end weight pre op, unless your weight loss has taken you under the BMI required for them to do surgery. I lost 10 stone before my op, but my BMI was over 60. x

Bling Babe

How much do you weigh now? What is your BMI? That is terrible, how can they do that, your starting weight is what qualifys you for WLS, not your end weight pre op, unless your weight loss has taken you under the BMI required for them to do surgery. I lost 10 stone before my op, but my BMI was over 60. x
It is disgusting, this was @Morebee’s initial 4 week milk diet at Luton which she had to do for 6 weeks, I know what I’d do now and if I was put on it again for 6 weeks 😉, I definitely think she should appeal this decision xx