• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm almost 4 weeks post sleeve

Ruthiep

Hi I'm Ruthie, I live in NW London and a sleeve gastrectomy on 30th November. Including pre op I have lost 25lbs so far which I am very pleased about.

I joined this forum because on some other forums there were hardly any sleevers, all bandits and bypassers. I need to feel at home amongst "my own kind!"

welcome hun, ive had a bypass but there are plenty of people on here who have had sleeves hun so you wont be alone... apart from today very quiet... but it is Christmas.
Have a lovely day hun and i look forward to talking to you soon xx

Hi ruthie
Im 13 days in with my sleeve and ive lost about 10kg inc pre op diet. Just wanted to ask you have you taken nurofen as i had a few yesterday because my tummy was so sore and paracetamol didnt touch the pain. Ive always taken these but im not sure if i should carry on with them as some people say short term there ok and some not. What do you think
Kim

Hi ruthie
Im 13 days in with my sleeve and ive lost about 10kg inc pre op diet. Just wanted to ask you have you taken nurofen as i had a few yesterday because my tummy was so sore and paracetamol didnt touch the pain. Ive always taken these but im not sure if i should carry on with them as some people say short term there ok and some not. What do you think
Kim

I was sent home with liquid nurofen and liquid paracetemol AND chewable tramadol. I have osteo arthritis and was very worried about pain management post op but thankfully I haven't needed nearly as much now as pre op. I wouldn't worry at all about taking nurofen, take what you need. They wouldn't have given it to me if I couldn't take it. The only questionable pain relief is diclofenec, but I don't take it unless my arthritis is really bad, which is happening less and less post op. Hope this helps!

welcome hun, ive had a bypass but there are plenty of people on here who have had sleeves hun so you wont be alone... apart from today very quiet... but it is Christmas.
Have a lovely day hun and i look forward to talking to you soon xx

I am happy to talk to any wls patients!

We personally have Chanukah not Christmas. I am hosting a big family Chanukah party in like 15 mns *eek*!! I must be crazy, but no one in my family offered to take it over :lol: but they're all offering to pitch in so hopefully it will go OK. Chanukah lasts for 8 days but it's not such a major holiday in our calendar as Christmas is in yours!

Back