• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hmm am i offically odd ?

BandyEmm

I got my sons bug on monday, and am now at tail ends. Since Tuesday ive had............ 6 tiny sprouts.

I still dont feel hungry, at all... :eek:

I no having a viral can cause loss of appetite, but bloomin heck i should at least want something, The look of food and smell, well makes me wanna heave. :confused:

Im drinking loads so i no i wont de-hydrate :)

Am i offically odd :D

Not odd at all Emma!

When I was pre-op, no matter how poorly I ever was I NEVER lost my appetite. Now I feel a little under the weather my appetite is the first thing to go.

Just take it as a bonus to your weight loss, and hope you feel well enough to start eating again soon x

You could try Slimfast drinks to make sure you are getting some nutrition in. or try some soups.

I'm with Caz although no nutrition know all i know that we all need some input, if only a slimfast or a bowl or healthy broth/soup...

Hope you feel all well again soon xx

ps, i'm really fancying chicken tikka right now but have compromised with a nice smoked haddock pie :) x

You will not get better as fast without good nutrition sweetie, go back to the mushy stage and try and get something in. It will mean you are compromising your health with no nutrients. hair, skin, teeth and bones etc...

Am i offically odd? Well .....how do I put this :D ................ Yep, your a loony tune, thats why you fit in so well here ;) X
Hope you feeling better x

How are you feeling now Em? Have you managed to eat?

I think a lot of us are odd on this site, happy, but definitely a sandwich short of a picnic.. Myself near the top of the list! Cazbandy had a good, valid point though. I have never been in a position where I have HAD TO EAT to maintain my health. When I was about 9 - 10yrs old, the doctor remarked that I had enough fat on me to live for 6 months without food! The caring profession eh! Stuck in my mind though, Lol - Paul xx

Thanks for the comments, x

Hey Sam, since yesterday ive had chronic shooting pains in my head, what start when i move my head or eyes, Ive got terrible eye socket pains what feels like ive got mega bruising behind the eyes. HAs been that painful i could have cried. It hasnt been a headache just shooing pains

Today i briought some Nurofen mixed with codine, what didnt touch it hardly, so 2 hours later i took 1 solphadine max tablet and ended up having a hours sleep. Woke up and it wasnt as bad, But still lingering.

Today ive managed half a apple, So thats better than nothing, Have had approx 4 pints of semi skimmed milk too. SO im still getting the essenstials too.

Am hoping this will clear up completely in the next day or so.

Xxx

The headache could be caused by lack of fuel to the brain, it needs a little bit of sugar to make it work properly.

You are hardly consuming any calories, so you could do a milkshake, up the sugars a bit.

Emm, you have to take care of your body and sod loosing the weight while you are ill.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks caz, your right, The last time i had a milkshake ( last weekend) i got the chronic squits lol :D

Am going to try some shreddies tommorrow for breakfast and hope it helps..

Xx

Glad you are managing at least milk to give you some nutrition. Its not enough long term, but they put us on a milk diet pre-op so if its only been a few days I doubt there will be any harm done.

Caz is right though, the headache is prob dehydration due to how little you have been managing, or it could be carb withdrawal headache if your carb intake was on the high side before becoming ill.

Try your best to eat something more substantial tomorrow Em, and if you cant manage it then maybe go see the GP for some medical advice.

Back