• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday Abroad - tips please

Vonone

Hi, im going to Spain (Salou)in 10 days yippee. Hotel is all inclusive but i have booked a self catering apartment so that i can fend for myself rather than be tempted. I am going with my two teenage sons and mother.
I just wondered if anyone could give me a few tips on what they ate /drank whilst away. I am taking bits with me such as skimmed milk powder & maybe protein powder. any advice greatly appreciated - thanks

joffy01582

when we went away in april to tunisia we went all inclusive ............i survived on turkey chicken and fish ,don't forget to get your fluids in too .....more than you have here about double water and not the vino);)

Bellydancer57

I go away frequently. In fact I'm in France self catering at the mo. I can do fish especially prawns & crab. Feta cheese ( or similar) salad is lovely. I bring my PHD protein shakes & make up with cold skimmed milk ( only have 1 aday) throw in a banana or some berries. I usually go to the local supermarket & browse. You often find interesting options. I like things like humous, low fat mozerella, tuna, peanut butter. Crackers, Melba toast & ryvita good for me. I avoid rice, bread & pasta. Drink plenty of water, NAS squash, fruit juice diluted with water, iced coffees, iced tea (no sugar version).

JO28172

Things aren't so different in Spain so just go with what you'd normally have? Might be worth knowing a few key words like, diet, light, protein, carbs etc so you can at least understand the food labels :) just relax and enjoy your hol more importantly x

Vonone

Thanks for all the sound advice, much appreciated. Happy Summer everyone xx