• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horseriding today, first time in 10yrs!

Laura.

I have ridden from the age of 3 and loved it but through shame I stopped when the weight started piling on and my back problems have only hindered me more.
Anyway today I'm going for an hours hack and I'm so excited, I'm finaly light enough not to cripple a horse or cripple myself, I'm a bit apprehensive about getting up into the saddle though and hope they provide a step:D
It's about time I got some confidence back and me doing this all by myself is a start.
Also I have now reached 12st8lbs wooohooo!
Does anyone else ride on here with Degenerative Disc Disease or bulging discs ect?
Thanks for reading everyone!

Firstly a massve well done on your fantastic weight loss so far!!:D:D

I used to ride and it's on of the things on my 'to do' list when I lose enough weight. I can't answer the back problem q as I don't have any, yet....

Go and thoroughly enjoy your hack today!:D:D

Congrats on your weight loss and going riding.

Ive also got that as one of my goals, want to go riding with daughter but atm will flatten the poor horse! and Im 3st down lol. But it will come and by the time the weathers nice again (well...supposed to be nice) Ill be light enough to get on a horse again :D

Enjoy your ride :)

Threads like this make my day!

You've done fantastic on your weight loss and now back in the saddle again.

Well done you :D

Thats fab news, I hope you really enjoy it and start going regularly. Keep up the good work xx

mr slaters parting words at my very first app were ill get you back on that horse. the one thing i really do miss.xx well done you xx

Well done:D this is what its all about. being able to do the things you enjoy and want to do.. you must be so happy today, good luck with your ride and enjoy every minute you deserve it X

Woohoo I did it and I'm back in one piece!
I can barely feel my legs but my goodness it was heaven being back in the saddle and I could feel all my muscles I thought had gone coming back to life again, what a workout!
I am going to have a long hot Radox granules muscle soak bath tonight, think I'm going to need it.
I'm so pleased I had the guts to do it, it's conquered one area where I had no confidence anymore, even picking up the phone to book this hack was hard but I have done it!
The horse I rode couldn't have been more laid back which was perfect and I did use a step to get into the saddle:rolleyes: and nearly fell off when I dismounted as I could not even feel my legs:eek: silly me!
Thanks to everyones comments i really appreciate them!
:D

I wish I could thank users, do I have to post more to be able to do that?

Well done Laura!! This was one of my goals too and I did it after 30 years lol. I then bought my own horse but he's not for riding as he's 20 and an ex race horse who was neglected once he stopped bringing in the money. I also have a shetland that keeps the big one company.I'm now on the look out for another one for riding as I currently ride my friends. I have my own stables now with 3 acres of land and I love every minute of being out there in the fresh air. Dreams and goals do come to those who wait as you have proven today. Enjoy the radox bath lolxx

Back