• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how did ppl react when u went bk 2 work??

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
was just wondering how people reacted when u went back to work, was your weight loss obvious to them (this is for bypasser and banders)

did any one guess that u had surgery, i dont plan on tellin anyone im gonna be off except a select few, i work in a factory and the gossip is unbelieveable as u can guess.

xxxx

If you tell anyone you will almost certainly have told everyone chick, :D as unless they are in a duty of care position i.e. your boss, or personnel, they will almost always let it out. They say a secret is something you only tell one other person :D:D

I didn't tell anyone but my boss before I went in, just in case it didn't happen. Once I was sorted and went back to work I told everyone.

My lot have been fantastic to be honest. They support me really well although the mickey taking is relentless :D its in a very kind and gentle way. I love them all.

I was back in works after just two weeks and though the results are quick, they are not that quick :D at nearly thirty stone it was a while before you could notice I was losing weight.

I have found letting everybody know has helped them to be honest and supportive of me. Lets face it honey if you have been big for years, then suddenly are away for a week or two then start shedding weight at a rate of knots, people will work it out for themselves :flirt2:

Good luck with your decision babe

i dont work so cant answer in the same way but people from school i see every day didnt comment untill id lost about 5 st then i had a stream of people telling me how fab i looked although it was around this time i started changing how i dressed. iv never made a secret of my op i dont see any need to but thats just me

When I went back to work 2 weeks after my op the weight loss was obvious!!! I didn't tell them I was going to have my bypass until after I got back having it done. Everyone was amazing and positive when I did tell them. They had lots of questions and I was really happy to answer them. What I do tell everyone is that nobody needs to know if you don't want them too, you can hide how much \ what you eat very easily and nobody would immediatly presume you have had surgery, just tell them your on a strict diet :) best of luck xxxxxxx

I told the world about my op before I went it. I was known as the big fat heffer at work, and now its slim. (All in a funny way, not anywhere near as nasty as it sounds) They are really supportive!
I went back to work after 2 weeks and they helped me by letting me go back at reduced hours!

Back