• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do i know if im eating enough ??? not lost any weight for two weeks

sexyfairy

Hi guys

Not sure if i eat enough, have a cereal bar for brekie and lunch then prob have half a jacket potatoe with cheese for tea... still finnding hard to keep foods down...and drinking well thats even harder...im now 9 weeks post op hve satyed the same weight for two weeks i know shldn't weigh myself... cant help it thou... my daughters getting a tad worried as she says i dont eat enough at all..... i feel okay apart from the gall bladder pain gotta wait to have that remove now... the anti sickness tabs work wonders oh and the pain killers lol.... anyway soz to winge so much just helps at times

Hi Tinks,

My first thought when I read what you're eating is that there is no way near enough protein in it. My food sheets from the hospital all say protein protein protein, so I try to make it the main part of every meal.

Cereal bars are a bit of a nightmare, I have them occasionally, but when you think about it they aren't exactly the most nutritious option! You'd be better with a scrambled/boiled/poached egg for breakfast if you like those.

I had a bit of a hiccup a few weeks in, my body tried hanging on to the weight for one last time! It started to come off really quickly though soon after.
Like shel said you do need more protien in your diet, but take it steady and just build up gradualy to the rump steak lol :D

finding it hard to keep the eggs down, tried fish been sick on that every time, just at a loss now.... seems as though if i eat meat now i chuck up soz crude ... so been tring to keep it very plain... dumped on baked beans... i go and see the after care guys on the 18 th nov and then the consult to remove my gall bladder on the 19th december... should get that done within 18 weeks if i can stick it.... just runnng out of ideas and i feel so down with it all....

Have you tried reduced sugar/salt baked beans? What about cooking some chicken and pureeing it to get your tummy used to meat. Alternative sources might be worth trying, tofu, quorn, lentils etc.

It is better to make sure the protein is getting in there. But also bear in mind that you do have regular weight stalls after bypass also...mine can sometimes stick for 2-4 weeks then overnight 5lb will just dissapear. You eventually learn to not let it stress you out lol, just keep the faith & it will come off. And also don`t become a slave to the scales!! :)

...im now 9 weeks post op hve satyed the same weight for two weeks i know shldn't weigh myself...

Happened to me around the same time too - very frustrating. And this week I have GAINED :cry: so I figure it is all part of the journey & the body IS trying to hang on to whatever it can in starvation mode (oh, that phrase after years of dieting!!) :rolleyes:

i have been considering going back to the liquid phase again and then slowly trying things again... one hell of a learning curve... i have not told anyone why i had the bypass done at such a low bmi... so here goes

as a child i was very thin, my mum used to take me every where because of it test after test, then i hit 16 and wham the weight hit me i got up to 19st and stayed at that for a few years, i had my children then piled on more weight.. at the age of thirty i had health probs and got told i would never see my daughter go to uni or make 35 at the rate i was putting weight on.... got alot of support from my gp who put me on reductil... yeah i lost weight 10st came of them after two years and started to regain the weight... by the way they are horrid pills they make u parinoid and allsorts..... i went down to seven stone back up to 12 and then thought i can not put my body through this any more. Mr ammorri was so understanding and said he would do the op for me...not before he had spoken to my family gp who had helped me all the way.... soz for rabbiting on a bit... i do feel as though there are others who need the op more than i did...i did fund it myself... thx for reading this...

Tinks, we all have the op for our own reasons. Don't feel you need to justify yourself or your decisions in life.
We're here to support you.

I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time of it. It sounds absolutely awful. I'm just over 2 weeks post op and have tried a lot of different things and am handling them well, no sickness, no vomitting, no dumping, so far, but then i'm only trying tiny amounts and still sticking to mushy food. So i can't imagine how disappointed, and frustrated you must be feeling.

Have you seen the dietician or consultant since your op? Can you go back and tell them what's happening?

xx

i due to go back again on the 18th November, i could ring George again, and see if he can suggest any thing... i hope things improve after the gall bladder is removed.... on 2nd thoughts they will get better...

I'm pleased your doing so well.. it's a long road but it's worth it hun.

i don't regret having the op at all.

Glad you don't regret it. I don't understand why they didn't take out your gall bladder in the first place.

I think i would call George if i was you. It sounds like you're not eating enough, and certainly not getting your protein, but there's not a lot you can do when you can't keep much down.

I really hope it improves soon. xx

Back