• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you know if you need funding or are you told if you have it ?

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hiya
I am on the weight management course as I am under salford PCT, It is my 2nd visit next week and I than have 4 more after that.
How do I know if I need funding, already have funding etc... etc...
My GP has referred me after years on xenical and diets and I am still on Xenical. I was told 6 weeks ago at my first wmc' meeting that the surgery woudl be done within 12 months, does this mean I have alreday been approved or what ?
Very confused
Many thanks
xx

every gp works differently I think I have been accepted for surgery but have got the funding yet, but brunetteand red had her funding approved first we are both under the same pct and hospital just different drs its best to check with the gp who referred you or with the hospital.

I think if you attend weight management and it does not work you get the funding as there would be no other options left for you to try....look at it as a positive albeit longer term step, you will get there in the end and if the weight management works thats also a plus. I agree it is annoying with the different guide lines but you will get there in the end, some get through the system quickly without a hiccup, others have lots of hiccups along the way and some wait a lot longer than others with no guarantee you are taking a positive step forward with the weight management and you never know if after three months you show no signs of improvement you could get referred for funding then....hang on in there..xx

Thank you xx

I got the funding first when my GP enquired to the PCT, then she wrote to the consultant and I got an appointment.:D
I have been on every diet known to mankind and she knows this so maybe that's why I didn't have to do weght management;)
Good luck hun x:p

it seems every PCT is different. Mine works like this.

I was refered to the obesty dept of my local hospital. I seen an obesity nurse at the hospital and she tried to give me another diet. it didn't work so she refered me to the obesty consultant. He said I need the surgery but it is my GP who applies for the funding. I have built a case for myself with the help of a number of health professionals who also agree that I need the surgery. My doctor has applied for the funding and I am still waiting for a result. I might know on the 19 December.

Every one has a different story. You need to phone your PCT and ask them or ask your GP.

Back