• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long after your pre-op appointment was your actual surgery?

voluptuouschick

could anyone be kind enough to give me a bit of advice please & let me know how long after your pre-op assesment was your actual operation as I don't know whether I am coming or going? lol

I live in Leeds & was told I had been approved funding for a gastric bypass in December 08 on condition I had a sleep apnea test, which I have had & the results were normal.

I now have received an appointment for Monday 20th April for pre- assessment before undergoing surgery, another appointment the day after for cardiac tests & also another cardiac test appointment the same Friday so I have 3 appointments all in the same week! After not hearing anything for months it seems to be all happening all of a sudden!

I haven't seen the surgeon at all yet & am wondering (with getting the pre-op appointment) if things are beginning to eventually move for me & whether the operation is going to happen very soon or not (do they have to operate within a certain timescale after the pre-op?)

I have waited for so long so am afraid to get my hopes up but on the other hand I want to be mentally prepared for it & for it not to be a big shock.

Any help/advice would be brilliant & would really put my mind at ease eeeeks
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxx

hiya vicky .. im under the impression you get your pre op 4 weeks before your op !!

as they test ur bloods and check u for mrsa.. to make sure u can come in to hospital ..

i have my pre op on the 5th may and my op is on the 29th may.

same happened with me all my appointments came same time and my tests.

call them and ask hun .. but this is what i understand .. good luck x

Hi Vicky

I think each area is different i come under Sheffield and i was told i would have my operation within 12 weeks of my pre-assessment,and i did have my first op within that time.
Hope this helps,good luck for your operation

Di
xx

i saw surgeon 5th march, had pre op assessment on 26th march, and will be having op on 14th April. Very quick!
Though initially got refered end of october last yr, so had to wait 4 months to see surgeon.

Vicky as you know mine was all pretty rushed so I had my pre op on the thursday and my op on the saturday....no time for any pre op liver reducing diet but he said I did not need that so it was not a problem for me....hope it goes quick for you chick and keep us informed...xx

i had pre op 5 days befor my op date although i ended up being sent home on op day as they couldnt fit me in and waited another few days

Hi

I had my surgery in Leeds too, under Mr Pollard at Spire. I had my consultation on the 10th July I think it was with my op being on the 29th. I had my pre-op done on teh day of my admittance which was the day before my op.

Hiya Vicky, I had my appointment with Mr Pollard on the 16th March and my pre-op assessment on the 20th of March. (apparently the pre-op has to be booked within 5 days of seeing the surgeon?, so I was told)

At the pre-op assessment I asked the nurse about time scales and she said that the op would be done within 18 weeks of me seeing the surgeon (16th March).
I thought then that was everything and that I was just waiting for a date for surgery, but have since been sent an appointment to have a heart scan thingy on the 28 April and some sort of excercise test? (wtf?) lol...on the 20th May, So im still sat here waiting for a date and still not knowing whats really going on?

As you've been sent for all these tests at once it sounds as though things are really moving for you, so fingers crossed it wont be too much longer now :)

At pre-op, the nurse (who was really lovely by the way) said that Mr Pollard usually waits til he has 3 patients in for the proceedure and thats when we will get a date hopefully...so you never know, we might end up being done on the same day! x x

Bless you all !! & thank you all so very much!!

Reading through what you all say,it looks like it's within a month of the pre op assesment by the look of things which is brilliant!

I am gonna throw such a wob when I do get to see someone as I have been left here not knowing what the hell is going on & the only person to ask (the dietician who applied for funding for me) never answers the phone - it goes straight to her answering machine & when I leave a message she doesn't get back to me!! - one time I rang someone else answered & said I don't see her anymore as she has done her job now by getting my funding!! - which was untrue as I spoke to her after that & she said I was just waiting for an appointment with the surgeon now, so you can imagine my confusion at still not having an appointment with him but receiving my pre- op appointment, it's all very strange!!!
Thanks a million again all of you!!
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxx

Hi I'm under Sheffield as well. I had my pre op on the 29th dec and I've not got my band yet.I was forgotten because at my pre op I had really high bp and was told to get extra meds off my gp. I did this then let them know but they forgot me and I have had to chase them and got a date for 1st may.Also because I have other medical problems I have to have it done at the main hospital and not the private one,and the main one has a longer waiting list, so basically I'm saying I have'nt a clue as to how long it should be lol xx Gaynor xx

Back