• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much weight did you lose before people started noticing?

Tyraboots

I've lost 3 stone, no one has noticed.:sigh:
I expect I will have to slough off a considerable chunk before I get any comments.

My magic number is the rather high 16 stone mark, where I hope I will be a size 18 after spring. Perfect time to emerge from my bulky coat like a chunky butterfly!!!

People who knew i'd had the op obviously noticed early on, but those who didn't, noticed after about 4 stone. Bear in mind a lot of peeps wont say as they don't want to imply you were ever big to start with;):D

ive lost 5 stone and i can only just start to tell myself! my mum says she can tell but she was with me when i had my op so i think she might be trying to make me feel better.. i am really heavy thou! at my fattest i was 22 stone so i still do have 7 stone to go! x

I felt like it was obvious right away but I don't really think it was to other people. I had a woman stop me that I met at my pre-op and asked if I had already had my surgery (I was like 10 weeks post-op and had lost several stone), she then made a point of telling me that she couldn't tell I had lost anything (I was down 2-3 dress sizes already). She is actually really lucky my hubby had my arm as I was tempted to punch her in the face! But to be fair, I had a bulky too big coat on, a bulky too big jumper and she had only met me once. But what I am really saying here is that it depends on how big you are to start (the bigger you are the more weight that has to go before it is obvious to others), how observant the person is and if you are wearing smaller clothes that show off your smaller body.

Nic;)

I haven't had my op yet but lost 8 stone 3 years ago and it was only when i'd lost 4 stone that people noticed. Weird isn't it? I think people just think 'she's big' but don't really pay attention to 'how big'.

When I was brought back from critical care my mum-in-law told me my chins were thinner!

I thought "silly woman" then looked in a mirror and my chins were smaller!! less than 24hrs post -op!

Last week she told me she didn't realise I was so narrow!! - she meant across the shoulders

Conversely after over 12 stone down my mum hasn't passed one comment about my weight loss except to say I looked old on Facebook - so there's no accounting for folk lol

Angela

When i lost 2 stone last year everyone noticed they didnt say anything when i put it back on, and over xmas i have lost 12 pound and no one has noticed (except my mum and hubby) and even with such a small loss my husband says I look narrower to him !! Not sure how.
Cant wait for the stones to come off but dont like attention so hope that people notice but dont say anything (if you know what i mean)
x

Back