• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have my nemisis - build up drinks

Scarlet

Ok guys and girls I really need your help as I can't live on milk alone in the stupid small quantities I can manage..I need more nourishment and protein.

After the fortisip dumping debacle, I tried complan.. It's foul.. Now I know bitter medicine and all that but I tried too drink it but all that happened was me feeling sick and ending up in tears...

What's your recommendations? What did you like?

Thanxs

A emotional wibbly Scarlet..

Sorry honey I can't really help as I didn't do a fluid only diet. Can you have soup?
Watered down yoghurt? Or the Fortimel rather than the Fortisip?
Grace xxx

I loved protein drinks - my favourites being the lean desserts (you can find them online). Chocolate Fudge and Banana were my favs

Bless you.
I did liquid only for 2 weeks post op and just had milk, squash, the odd protein shake but they made me heave, and very thin soup x

Sorry, not sure if you are pre-op or post op, but I use myprotein.com
Impact Whey Protein from Myprotein

They do sample satchets so you can try all the flavours; I've got banana, strawberry, vanilla, choc mint & summer fruits & they are all fine...I used to use them with skimmed milk (they were quite sweet really), but I tried them with water & they were pants (eugh!). But recently I've tried them with soya milk (as it's lower in kcals than skimmed milk) & they taste much better. Almost zero carbs & fat, so shouldn't make you dump either. Worth a try?

I was only on milk, water, squash, clear soups and milked down yoghurts x

Back