• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I really dont know if i can take 2 weeks on fluids....im starving

Lily White

:cry:guys had band put in last Sat in Dolan Park now that a lot of the swelling and soreness is goin im so hungry. If i see one more cuppa soup im going to scream!!! On a plus side im wasting away because im so hungry but i really dont think i can take another week of this ive lost 10lbs since sat and 10 before that on pre op diet. I dont think its healthy to loose 2lbs a day in the last week. Just wondering has anyone cheated and chanced food before 14 days?? if so please tell me the pitfalls im worried i wont have the will power to last another week and if im gonna eat something id like to know what my safest best is??

hi
i have no idea as i am pre band someone will be alnog soon to help, I would say dont risk it but then i am not sat starving.
I know people have had
bovril and cup a soup not sure if they woudl fill you though
good luck with it x

hi i know every clinic different but i was on mushy on day 7 and starting soft solids on day 14 if your swelling has gone down and if your starving id say it has then move on to next stage i started with a little bit of mash just keep the portion really small or a fruit moose i also had mashed banana its normal to loose loads in first few weeks it slows as you start eating again dont forget you have very little or no restriction so your going to be hungry

i also agree try a little mash and gravy, its thicker and will satisfy more with out causing a band obstruction.
give it a try.

liz x

hi I had my band on monday like you I can't face anymore soup...bought a jar of smooth peanut butter and have been sucking teaspoons of that

also freeze low fat yoghurt in ice lolly moulds as it gives that much needed texture, very refreshing !

liz x

I was Bypassed and had to do 4 weeks fluids and I never wanna see a cup a soup or jelly again EVER lol

i agree peanut butter is a high fat slider food, not good for banders.

A small amount of peanut butter won't do any harm if it is mixed with a healthy balanced diet.

It may have higher calories but just look at this comparison:-

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]50% fat spread (per 100g) [/FONT]
calories 454
protein 0.2g
carbohydrate 0.9g
fat 50g (saturates 15.2g)
fibre nil
sodium 0.89g
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Peanut butter (per 100g)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]calories 615 [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]protein 21.5g [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]carbohydrate 11.7g [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]fat 53.6g (saturates 10.2g)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]fibre 6.2g [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]sodium 0.4g[/FONT]

That is a low fat marg type spread....

thanks girls....mash and gravy it is....mouth is watering even thinking about it!!! feeling alot better today think emotionally this is a major journey as well as pyscially. Ive two kids on mid term and still have to cook dinner each day which is torture. Never realised how bad my issue with food is until i couldnt have it anymore. Anyway it makes me all the more determined to beat it..... thanks a mil for all the support :)

I was Bypassed and had to do 4 weeks fluids and I never wanna see a cup a soup or jelly again EVER lol

Gosh I only did a few days and now feel sick at the thought of some of the things I ate that were pureed...hopefully by the time I get old and can only eat mush again I will be too old to remember lol...xx

mmm....ok heres the confession i ate Ben and Jerrys yesterday....i needed a sugar fix and well ive been so good so i decided id allow myself have it. It was gorgeous an i reckon as its a slider it wont do any damage other than being full of calories. Anywaz im good again today and had mash and gravy yum yum....problem is now that ive had it i cant eat soup any more!!!:D

mmm....ok heres the confession i ate Ben and Jerrys yesterday....i needed a sugar fix and well ive been so good so i decided id allow myself have it. It was gorgeous an i reckon as its a slider it wont do any damage other than being full of calories. Anywaz im good again today and had mash and gravy yum yum....problem is now that ive had it i cant eat soup any more!!!:D

if the ma was fine try staying on mushie softer foods i found boiled eggs were good and when your a bit further down the line instead of icecream which goes thru eat a muffin i have the double choc ones because of the consistency i can only eat a few mouthfulls i feel like iv had the sweet fix but as it doughy i cant eat to much of it has worked well for me controlling the sugar craving

thanks serenity....drooling even thinking of a choc muffin :jelous:..... ive had mash with some souo now last two days but like everything im starting to get sick of it. A week and a half post op so i reckon il try mash with some really well cooked veg that i can mash up. Any other suggestions? i guess any meat is a no no for the time being. Cant wait to have a proper dinner!!

Lily why not try cauli well cooked and a cheese sauce

Back