• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IBS

Nearly there-1

Has anyone who suffered with IBS before their weight loss surgery worsened after their operation? Would be grateful for input please.

I used to have before. Definitely not now xx

Thanks for your replies. Mrsnoodles how has yours worsened if I may ask?
I had a sleeve them had a Bi-Pass due to Bile reflux and for a while after the sleeve the IBS was not so bad but it has got a lot worse.
I know I now have something called Visceral hypersensitivity which is like IBS but it causes pain in organs that don't usually feel pain. But I am also having an op soon to remove my Gall Bladder and just wondered if anyone else had an increase in their gut pain after surgery.

Hi nearly there, I had my gallbladder out at the same time as my sleeve as I had alot of problems with gallstones a 2 months before my sleeve. Since then and my sleeve I cant tolerate anything fried or too fatty, an english breakfast is a thing of the past. Coffee is definitely a trigger and can have my in immense pain and rushing to the loo. I've come very close a couple of times as I havent been able to control my bowels, very embarrassing. Somethings it comes without warning, it's got slightly better as my sleeve is over 2 years old but I still have issues and gut pain.

Back