• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im Back !!

GuRlyGiRL

Live Laugh Love
Hi Everyone,

I have been away for a few weeks , the last time I was on here I was having my band but got really scared (amongst other things) and and chickened out !! BUT im back and I am on my pre-op diet, my op is booked for next Sunday.

Is there any advice that you could give me before and after my op please, I would really appreciate any advice. :thankyou:

Ditto what Jacqui said!!!! And stay in touch with us here so we can help you xxxx
Anything specific you want to know sweetie ?

Hahaha no I'm not this time !! I am gonna be on the looser bench. Thank you Nina for all your advise when I was on here last time. I was just wondering if you could give me any tips/advice after the op. My husband is only taking one day off work and im on my own after that looking after 2 little ones (5yrs, 2yrs) doing the school run.

Is the pain just uncomfortable or are you bed bound? I am really nervous about having to heal and look after 2 little ones. I can ask my friend to do the school run for me and then I will just have my 2yr old to look after during the day. *cries* my family live in New Zealand so I dont have anyone I can ask to help me out and OH cant get time off work??

I think as much as you can get friends to help you out.
You may be fine but you are going to find it hard to pick up your little one for the first week definately.
Your OH is going to have to try and get a couple more days off because you are just out of surgery and you absolutely can't just struggle on.
Can he not offer to cover for someone later on?

No he cant get any time off. We live 5 minutes away from the school so we walk to school and back (no snow please!!). I am going to do the minimin at home !! Is the pain really bad afterwards or just uncomfortable? I have got my gripe water ready and stocking up on the liquids/soft foods. Any suggestions with those?

Hi Gurlygirl - The first day of surgery was a little painful around the surgery area, but then they should give you painkillers to help. After that it was just a bit of discomfort where the area was healing, was very bruised, but Arnica helps with that. First night or 2 was a bit uncomfortable for sleeping but soon settled down. Within a few days felt okay most of the time. Took me a week after, to drive, but not everyones the same. No serious housework for a few weeks, because it takes quite a while to thoroughly heal.

Little lad will be fine as long as you don`t attempt to lift him, keep him occupied as best you can and give him lots of gentle cuddles. Tell him you have a sore tummy and when it gets better you will be able to do lots more. If the weather is dry you can get him out most days for the park or lots of walks, if you feel up to pushing his pushchair.
Listen to your body - it will tell you your limits; and don`t overdo it.

Good Luck with your surgery hun x

Take care and Love Kat x

Thank you everyone for your advice, im getting nervous and scared and excited .. im like an emotional rollercoaster at the moment !!

Its a really up and down ride for sure, nerves are normal so dont be too worried, we all have them to some degree :D Good Luck XX

Back