• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IM LOSING MY BEST FRIEND

georgina

:cry:hey guys its me georgina, i have enjoyed helping all of you, wether you have had ur ops or not, but underneath im crying inside everyday, im losing the bestest friend ive ever had and thats my mam:cry: she has had illnesses for such a long time now that its only a matter of time for her now, she has chronic emphasema,cellulitis,lymphodema,severe bronchitis,high blood pressure isachaemic heart disease,and c.o.p.d (chronic obstuctive pulmonary disease), and severe elephantitis of the legs, but not once through all of this would you hear her complain of the severe pain or moan, i have never really been a religious person but lately i have prayed and prayed for her, she is also oxygen dependent 24hrs a day, i care for her everyday from showering her to feeding her and i willingly do it because i love her so much, how do you look at someone everyday knowing theres not much time left, when she holds my hand and kisses it to tell me everything will be ok, when i know its not, when she tells me she will always be with me watching over me and she will wait patiently for me, we are inseperable 2 peas in a pod, i have to stay strong for her and dad as hes not in the best of health either, my husband and 4 children have been great in supporting me without them i dont know what i would do, from the knees down mams legs have a diameter of more than 70cms around they are red raw and the district nurses god bless them come in twice a day to dress them, she always has a ready smile, but recently the drs sent her home to enjoy the time she has left so how can she enjoy it when she is housebound, i spend hours each day with her and when im not there we are on the phone but i have been advised to put her into a home but i refused point blank because she has done so much for me throughout my life thats its my turn to give back to her, and im giving her all my love my help and my devotion, she looks into my eyes everyday and i see the pain she is in and theres nothing i can do except give her more morphine to at least try and ease the pain a bit, she loves me to read to her and brush her hair, shes just turned 65 so shes not old and i feel at 40 im too young to lose her, so id like to ask everyone who reads this thread to say a little prayer for my wonderful mam my one true best friend her name is rohna, i would be very grateful if you all would, im glad i found this site as ive made some lovely friends on here and coming here everyday takes my mind off things, well il close now before you all nod off reading this lol, just remember one thing, if you are close to your mother then take care of her because when you are faced with losing her it really hurts and the pain is unbearable :cry: thank you all for reading this i just wanted to write it down to see if it helps me to put it into perspective just a little bit, love georgina xxx take care xxx

Hi Georgina :)

I am so sorry to read the struggles that you and your Mum, Rohna are having. I will be sending up a prayer for you both tonight.

Lacey..xxx :)

Please keep posting and let us all know how you and your Mum are doing. I am the same age as you and my mum is the same age as your Mum.

Lots of love,

Lacey..xxx

Sending big hugs to you and your mam :grouphugg::grouphugg:spend as much time with her as you can as this is the most precious time you will have i know i lost my mum 16yrs ago when i was 19 take care both of you xxxxxx

Oh I'm so sorry for you both. Sending big hugs and prayers. Take care hun xxx

Sending prayers to all your family. You are giving your mum the greatest gift you can, you are surrounding her with love and care and when that sad time comes you can take strength from knowing you did the very best you could for her. Take care.

Georgina......I so can understand what you are going through....I also cared for my mum as she died from cancer, though I didnt live with her, she had a night carer, then I would go in the morning with my 2 young sons and would wash her and help to get her dressed before she went to the local hospice for the day.
Then I would repeat the process ready for bed......whilst it is very draining and hard work you just have to do it as they have done so much for you.

It is sooo hard knowing that they only have a little time left and you try to keep upbeat for them......but it can be very very draining when all you want to do is sob your heart out as life is so damn unfair.
Whatever you do dont bottle up your emotions, I understand you dont want to cry or show your feelings in front of your mum, but do talk to your other half and offload some of your feelings.

We are also here for you too. You are doing a most wonderful thing for your mum.....x

ur mum must be a wonderful woman to face such struggles while staying so strong AND to have brought up such a special daughter. Im sorry u are all going thru so much but i find it very touching how u deal with it all together. i will be most certainly thinking of and praying for u and ur mum. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you and your family. xx

Hi Georgina,

My heart goes out to you and your family at this very sad time.

Keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts.

I have sent you a pm.

Love Mini xxx

Beautiful, you need a big cuddle.

Your doing an amazing job caring for your mum. I lost my dad 3 years ago and I think of him regularly.

Remember we are all here ready to listen when you need and there's no way reading your post that anyone would fall asleep.

Parents and best friends are wonderful, cherishable and memorable people. Reminice as much as you can together.

Keep smiling.... another big hug from me.

Brenda
X

Hi georgina, so sorry to hear about your mum,My mum is looking after her mum at the min full time i know how hard it is watching someone you love going through pain etc. Will def say a prayer for you,you mum and your familly. Take care.

becky x

Hi Georgina

So sorry to hear about your lovely Mum, I will certainly be thinking of you both. You never cease to amaze me, you are such a help to a lot of us on here and I for one didn't realise any of what you are going through, you truly are an amazing person.

Keep posting hun and I'm here if you need me. xxx

I don't know what to say, I am sobbing reading your thread. You are so right about how precious Mums (and Dads) are. My parents have moved to Spain and I miss them so much. When they come and stay they drive me crazy, but I don't take them for granted and enjoy most of the time with them!!
I will definately be thinking about you and your family, you are such an amazing person.
Charlotte
xx

My prayers are with you and your whole family. Your post shows us all how much you care for each other and the strength and love you give each other shines through.

Just know that we are all here for you whenever you need us.

hi to u all i cant thank u all enough for all your kind words and prayers for my mam, i dont ask much of this world except for mam to get better and i know she isnt, not long got back from there but will be going back up there to try and settle her for the night, shes had a bit better day which im glad but i was heartbroken earlier when she asked me not to give her the morphine because there was something she wanted to do and she wanted a clear head for it, so i agreed as it turned out she wanted me to write down her funeral arrangements as she would like them to be, even down to her having her elvis presley song playing which is a pocket full of rainbows from the movie g i blues lol oh yes shes an elvis fan, it was the hardest thing i have ever done, but knowing her she had to have the last say, i told her about all of u sending her prayers and she says thank you, after i gave her the morphine she dozed off then my dad and i just broke down like 2 babies not knowing what to do, i think i have had 4hrs sleep in 72hrs as im on call everynight when she needs me then i drive faster than nigel mansell to get to her lol, she is so proud of me for having the bypass i only wish she was stonger and i would have paid for her to have it done to stop her going through the indignity and degredation of having the fire brigade out when she needs to go to hospital, but then again shes always been a sucker for a man in uniform lol, have any of u ever read the poem footprints in the sand? thats our favorite poem and i will read it just for her when the time comes il write it on here for those who havent read it, what spare time i have i come to minimins to relax and unwind and to catch up with everyone whos had op or waiting, and i love helping you all giving advice if i can its my pleasure, well il close for now and once again thank you all so much ive shed more tears again tonight reading your replys to my thread, so many kind words from you, love georgina xxxxx

So sorry to hear about your Mum and your pain - will pray for you.

Hi Georgina,
your message brought tears not sleep and my thought are with you and your Mum, Rohna, tonight. I lost my mum last year and will never forget all the time we had together as she reached the end. I comfort ate for a while, then I felt her influence on my life and realised she is still here in spirit. Take care of your mum, but also yourself, as someone else said, talk to someone else too, but look at the positive, you have a chance to be with her now and say or do all those things that you wouldn't have if she had passed away unexpectedly. She will already know you love her, but tell her anyway and talk about all the happy times - my family sung round my mums bed for hours at the end and I imagined her telling us that she wasn't asleep, merely resting her eyes. Thanks so much for sharing - you will have made many other mums benefit for a reminder that they deserve more of our time that we can usually spare and if only one reader does something as a result of your kindness, you will have made another impact in this world (although I can see from the other posts that you are a giver to others already). Signing off now, but adding you both to my prayers tonight - never did them till mum went, but it seemed right to start then. Take Care, god bless, Lucy xx

Back