• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im New & researching Banding for me in Hertfordshire

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Hi there,
I'm new here :wave_cry:and I'm researching banding as I'm very interested in having a band but want to know the ins and outs before I go further. I spent the evening reading the back threads on here and looking to see if anyone in my area has had banding done etc... I am not bothering to try my PCT for funding as they are so dismissive of weightloss surgery and I cant bear the stress involved, so will be self funding. If anyone local to me has time for a chat I would love to hear from you (even if your not close I love a good gossip)
I am also looking at local places for surgery, as I live close to London there seem to be dozens of places advertising surgery and I don't really know where to start, so if anyone has recommendations or places to avoid please let me know....Its hard to see the wood for the trees

Looking forward to hearing from anyone that wants to say hi

Thanks in advance

Hi
Welcome to mini's theres some great people on here so I am sure that there will be someone in your area (I am in Manchester)
Self funding - flipping heck. I am NHS and am due to have band by October all being well.
I have just put a thread on Band vs Bypass which is linked to a website which looks at teh difference between the 2 and gives statistics. I only came across it this morning and found it really interesting to read as I was having some doubts as to if to go for the bypass instead BUt no back to the band for me.
Gook luck and like I say someone will be along soon to help.
xHelen

Thanks Helen, yep scary amount of money but if I look at how much money I have spent in 25 years at slimming clubs its probably about the same amount!!! I need to be sure its right for me before I take the plunge and book somthing. I have done EVERY diet going in the last 25 years and I'm now 17 stone and that tells me somthing! I am also having counselling to deal with issues I have with body image etc. And in a way that's what's made me look at a proper solution to the problem. My dad has COPD and diabeties and my mum blood pressure and arthritis and when I look at that as my future its worth spending some money to sort my life out....better than being cripples with ilness by the time I'm 50. Let's hope its all onwards and "downwards" lol
Thanks for taking time to chat :)

Hi, welcome to Mini's :)

The providers I've seen banders mention on here include WLS Group, Why Go Abroad, The Hospital Group, and Surgicare. If you want to find out about any of them you can search the forum for the threads from people who've been there :) Hope that helps!

Welcome Mrs Cakeybun Im a Bypasser so can not help with banding but there are laods on here who have or due to have

Thanks I will do a search when I get home as only have limted access when I'm out and about. I'm so glad I found this place, everyone seems so nice :)

hi ya im in enfield and had m band put in 3 weeks a go nd its the best thing i have done . i had my done at st thomas in westminster by a lovley sergon mr boffa i had mine done on the nhs but i know he dose privet as well gd luck

Hi there i am in Wembley and had a bypass nearly 6 weeks ago. I self funded with Surgicare they have their office in central London and are excellent.

I think we need to get a London meet going once a month for people to come and get to know each other....

Sounds like a great idea but would have to be weekend for me as work full time running a mobile library and bever get weekday time off other than annual holidays and if I'm so ill I need a Drs cert! Anyway I think a meet would be a great idea.

Back