• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it possible

kirstyjade

Just out of curiosity do you think it's possible for a 30 stone female to lose 28 pounds in a week by doing a water fast?

Andy1968

Don't think it's impossible....more highly improbable..and almost definitely not recommended!

SleeveGirl

That is a massive amount of weight in such a short time!

Fragglerock

That would be some achievement but at the same will not be good to do! I don't recommend it :-/ but good luck if your trying?

carebear1

Why water? Celebrity slim,slim fast etc in the first week people can lose a stone and over and get the vits needed. When I think of living on water for a week,OMG pass out fainting feeling weak :(

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
When I was 106kg I lost 7kg on first week of milk diet, 2kg more on the second week.

Not sure that just water would be a good idea.

Lowest I would go to would be 3 pints milk, 2 litres water, vitamin tablets, dollop of marmite for a goal as insane as this.

Why do you need to lose so much so quickly.

Debatable if it would be safe for your health ???

Could you stick to it??

Bonkers ???

JoJoTGirl

A few years back when I was around 20st, I lost 14lbs once in a week on slimming world (and you genuinely stuff your face on that, albeit with low fat foods).......and I lost well over a stone on the 2 week prep diet too so don't see why not. Probably not a good idea. The prep diet is a semi starvation diet according to my dietician but this must surely be a full on starvation diet. Not sure what it might do to you....I'd be careful.

Yvessa

Nope :) Took me four weeks on milk diet to lose 26lbs and I was around 30 stone.

kirstyjade

I just wondered because I saw a post a whole back where a 20 stone woman lost 18 pounds in a week of doing the milk diet so I wondered if someone 10 stone heavier could lose an extra 10 pounds in a week, Im going to give it a go starting from today just water (for as long as I can last for) so maybe not a week lol

happy days

I just wondered because I saw a post a whole back where a 20 stone woman lost 18 pounds in a week of doing the milk diet so I wondered if someone 10 stone heavier could lose an extra 10 pounds in a week, Im going to give it a go starting from today just water (for as long as I can last for) so maybe not a week lol

You are setting yourself up for failure Hun. You can't have just water you will make yourself ill.
Then you will end up binging and eating more than you would have normally. Fad diets don't work.

kirstyjade

My op is going to be around the beginning of june and Im scared in going to die during the surgery because of my size so I want to lose as much as possible before, plus I have also put on about 10lb since my last appointment It's stupid I know but iv just been pigging out like it was my last ever day :( and now I'm really regretting it so I'm going to give it a go I may only last a couple of days but at least that will be a bit of weight off and even if I did last the whole seven days and I didn't lost 28lb I will still be happy with whatever I lose

happy days

My op is going to be around the beginning of june and Im scared in going to die during the surgery because of my size so I want to lose as much as possible before, plus I have also put on about 10lb since my last appointment It's stupid I know but iv just been pigging out like it was my last ever day :( and now I'm really regretting it so I'm going to give it a go I may only last a couple of days but at least that will be a bit of weight off and even if I did last the whole seven days and I didn't lost 28lb I will still be happy with whatever I lose

You have weeks to lose the bit you've put on. Please be sensible, I know it's hard we have all been there. Try following sw or ww at least you will be still eating. Trust me if you starve yourself you wi end up pigging out.

kirstyjade

I know it's not healthy and it will probly all go straight back on and to be honest I only started today and I want to rip my face off lol, I guess I'll just do a low cal/carb diet until my op

Fading Grace

Fading Away
Hmmm, why don't you just do the milk diet and exercise like crazy?
Go swimming 3 times a week, and do some power walking if you're able?
I think that you will make yourself very ill if you try and lose weight fast by being so extreme, you won't even get to have your op if you end up poorly by doing this crazy water diet :(
I was 29 stone and if I remember correctly, I think that I lost 17 lbs in about 10 days on the milk diet.

Karlos

Why in the wild world of sports would anyone want to put themselves through this? The weight lost would be largely water and lean body mass rather than fat metabolism and would go straight back on. A complete waste of time and effort

Lincs Lass

Hi Kirsty.

I've a number if Slimfast tubs here (some run out May, some a bit later).

If you want them send me a PM and I can drop them round (or if you don't want to give your address to me we can arrange another place to meet).

Drinking the amount of water to eliminate hunger pains etc will make it a dangerous amount if water. People have died from drinking too much water. Please don't do this x

Miss Tickle

When I was 22 I read a book on fasting and went on a water only fast which lasted 32 days. I lost two stone ( from 14 to 12). I excesrsized throughout and felt fantastic. I got a real high from the fast. As soon as I stopped fating the feel good feeling went, I started eating , the weight went back on. The weight gain made me sad and I comfort ate-more weight on. You get the picture?
I was young and very, very fit when I did it. I risked my health and didn't lose weight in the long run. don't do it. If you really must crash diet do the milk diet. Long term though you have to understand that there is NO quick fix. abdslutely none. Surgery is a tool and weight loss is fairly fast to start but even then, it's no quick fix as it takes months of eating right and excerscising to shift the blubber followed by a lifetime of the same to keep it off.
Please give yourself a break and realise that the job ahead is a long one with no short cuts. Good luck xx

happy days

When I was 22 I read a book on fasting and went on a water only fast which lasted 32 days. I lost two stone ( from 14 to 12). I excesrsized throughout and felt fantastic. I got a real high from the fast. As soon as I stopped fating the feel good feeling went, I started eating , the weight went back on. The weight gain made me sad and I comfort ate-more weight on. You get the picture?
I was young and very, very fit when I did it. I risked my health and didn't lose weight in the long run. don't do it. If you really must crash diet do the milk diet. Long term though you have to understand that there is NO quick fix. abdslutely none. Surgery is a tool and weight loss is fairly fast to start but even then, it's no quick fix as it takes months of eating right and excerscising to shift the blubber followed by a lifetime of the same to keep it off.
Please give yourself a break and realise that the job ahead is a long one with no short cuts. Good luck xx

Well said miss t

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
I'm glad you've decided on the low cal and carb instead of just water. Everyone is right that it would only make you ill. Just do your best from now. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery