• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it wrong to call surgeons sec re status of waiting list???

Hi All,

Im going out of my mind.

Mr Ackroyd put me of the waiting list in December after WL surgery funding was agreed by my PCT as i have a family history of breast cancer and so i need a double mastectomy which cannot have until i have lost my weight, hence the weight loss surgery.

Waiting is driving me mad. I just want the WL & risk reduction surgery done now. I feel like a prisoner waiting to be released.:cry:

fed up!!!

not at all. I have tried to move every appointment that I was given as the waiting time is massive. Do you have funding and all tests done?

Hell no, I think they almost expect it! I know rang everyone at every opportunity to check they had received paperwork & to get them to explain their procedures/waiting times etc...don't sit there worrying about it, ring them then at least you'll know where you are xxx

It cannot hurt to call. I would just ring and ask and reiterate why you need the surgery. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I was granted funding last October. I've been to the seminars, met with my surgeon been placed on the waiting list and I have my pre op on the 24th January.

I get giddy every time i hear the postman coming.I'm surprised he doesn't think we have a dog the way i crab the letters as he slips them thru the letter box lol!!!

I just want a date that's all something to aim for.

If you have all in order, funding etc. than I would suggest you try and get "pre-assessment" appointment- I had mine today and got the date for surgery! YippY!!!!

i felt pro active when i was applying the funding & getting my GP to refer me to the surgeon. I chased every letter etc to the point that my surgeons secretary asked politely (with please underlined) that i leave it in her hands. I explained why i was so eager but she reminded me that there were people with cancer waiting for ops and that there was a procedure to follow and it may not happen as quickly as I would like (ooooops).

So know i daren't call

They gave me diet today- it is so little food that I think I will have to lock myself up for 4 weeks pre op.
Dont worry, 24th is not that far off and I am sure you will get a date 4-6 weeks after that.

Thank you fatgirlsdodiet for all your help. I think i needed someone to confirm that its all ok and it will happen soon.

Congrats on getting your date. what an amazing day you must have had x xx

I was like you this time last year. Waiting, waiting waiting. I would wait for your pre-op appt and then if like me dont get a date during that appointment start ringing them. I did and was told my op would be on about 19th March. However then on 25th Feb they phoned and asjked if I wanted cancellation of the 2nd March! Answer YES!
gOOD LUCK
XXXXXXXXXX

I will let you know how I get on and thanks again x x x

That's fantastic getting a cancellation. So your 1 year on. How's the journey been for you? Xxx

Back