• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is lipo and MR part of nhs tt?

lucywils

Hello,
During my consultation my brain switched off due to the shock of being given a surgery date (I had no clue that i had been approved) so i asked no questions. I just sat there with my hand over my mouth like a tw*t.:eek:
Can anyone tell me if liposuction is used as standard during an nhs tummy tuck? And I remember the surgeon saying she didn't think I'd need muscle repair (Im astounded) but Im worried the results wont be as good without it.
Any thoughts would be most welcome.
Lucy x

Don't know -but congratulations any way! RESULT!

Hi Lucy,

Firstly congrats on the TT!

I had my NHS TT done on May 23rd this year after in all about an 18 month journey which included 3 attempts to convince my GP, several visits to a psychologist, psychiatrist and jumping through various hoops! My op was not down to bariatric surgery weight loss. It was approved on psychological distress which came from post pregnancy almost 6 years ago, but I did have to lose 10kgs which was recommended by my Surgeon when I first saw him (feel free to see my thread entitled 'Save My Marriage). I'm now fully recovered from my TT (I've posted photos on the thread 'Ems Tummy Tuck Pics), however, I'm not entirely happy with the results as I still have bulging hips which were part of the original problem and I have been left lopsided at the front. I saw my Surgeon last week and he has recommended that I have liposuction to both the front of my tummy and my hips and that it will be covered on the NHS as follow up surgery. I have my pre-op next week with the possibility of having the surgery done anything up to 2 weeks after that. I know different PCT's have different rules and I'm under Wandsworth PCT in SW London.

I was told by my Surgeon that liposuction and tummy tucks at the same time carries more risks so he tends not to do them both at the same time in the same op. Also muscle repairs are carried out during tummy tucks if your Surgeon feels they are necessary and will be of benefit to you, however I was told I would have it done but woke up to find I hadn't. Just have it in mind you'll probably feel more delicate during recovery if you have muscle repair and you may take longer to heal.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll see if I can answer them.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited:
Back