• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is there a forum for the stupid? LOL

geminilady75

Ok, so tomorrow I move on to the next phase...puree, and I have NEVER pureed food before.

So help...and lots of it needed.
Can I used butter/marg to mash potatoes.
Can I have just mash, beans and L/F Philadelphia?
It's the only thing that appeals to me because I can't stand fish and pureed chicken is just blah!

If I make a job lot and freeze them...how do I defrost them so that they are edible.
Should I cook them all separately and mix a teaspoon of each at mealtimes?

I am SO very sorry for how dumb I am coming across.

I had it all sorted prior to surgery but since........

Last edited:
lol dont know about forum for stupid but there are lotsof diff receipes for different stages good luck x

I think there are lots of good ideas for puree stage but they are in different sections of this site. Like you I thought the idea of puree chicken was blah. So I bought some fresh Chicken soup (Covent Garden brand) and pureed it with added cooked chicken. This meant I was getting at least some protein in my diet. I did the same with tomato soup and some delicious pulled ham hock I found in Waitrose. Tasted very good.

Forgot to add, not sure if you have a blender, but I don't, so I bought a baby Tommy Tippee Blender from Ocado, it was reduced to £14:99 and the portion sizes were just right with this.

It's not a stupid question at all if you've never done it why would you know how.
I bought some baby foods which have all the right ingredients, no bad junk, are the right consistency and some of them actually don't taste too bad

Thank you all for your tips.
Will definitely get some skimmed milk powder.

Hopefully this next stage will stop me being such a grumpy b***h

Back