• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is this dumping

lyturt

Yesterday i had 30grams of allbran cruch with a baby banans with skimmed milk for breakfast. half an hour later ibegan to feel light headed and sick and had to lie down. i am13 weeks post bypass and havenot felt like this before is this what dumping feels like and why do you think what i ate caused this

Yes and I expect it's because cereal is full of sugar!

This is defo dumping , I had a sleeve in may and now can't have anything with suger not even tomato soup. I now have to check the sugars on everything before I eat it. Cereals are packed with sugars , even healthy one like Special K

Yes, it's dumping and hopefully that's the worst you will get.

Mine vary in intensity, different at different times of day on different things and I'm still testing things out. I never have anything with more than 8% sugar in it, dietician said 10% but I think my tolerance is less.

I generally start sweating, dizzy, getting the shakes, feeling really sick, having to lie down (no choice in this), and going to sleep (no choice in this either).

I had a stricture stretched recently and that added diarrhoea to the party as anything went though me like an express train.

It is the WORST feeling EVER :sick0019:

And a FANTASTIC deterrent :clap:

Thank you all for your replies. i chose allbran crunch cos i thought it would help with constipation. it is now in the bin to avoid any repeat

Try yogurt and fruit instead. Total do a 0% fat Greek yogurt and fruit is great for constipation x

Back