• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've got funding!! Updated 04/09/08

Perissa

My GP wrote to Shaw Somers who wrote back and said that he can't see me until funding has been agreed.

So GP and I completed the form and sent it off.

Had an appointment with the GP and he told me that I've got funding. GREAT!!!!

So what happens now....

I haven't had a letter from the Health Centre, nor Mr Somers.

The PCT have approved the funding and let my GP know - will they let Mr Somers know or does my GP need to write to him again?

Do I get to choose whether I have a band or surgery, or does that get decided for me?

I believe that Shaw Somers had a series on the TV although I haven't seen it. Is he good?!!

Last edited:
hi im under shaw somers
im having my gastric bypass next wednesday with him,his tv show is on sky tv and its called fat doctor,its on thursday nights at 9pm,he is fabulous,he decides whether its band or bypass,his team are great :)

Hi Perissa,

Congratulations on getting your funding I am sure this must be a great relief for you.

I have watched the Fat Doctor programme and it is excellent and Mr. Somers is very handsome and comes across as a very kind gentleman who takes his time and listens to his patience.

Here is a link for the TV programme.

Fat Doctor: On TV: Home and Health

Love Mini xxx

so will they be showing your op on Tv for the funding ? like the programe 10 years younger get it all done and they get a programe out of it ?

The programme isn't related to funding, funding is through the NHS.

Congrats on getting the funding, and welcome to mini's :D There are a few here who have either had or are having Shaw, so I'm sure one of them will be able to answer your questions.

Most surgeons discuss with you which surgery is best, and you make a choice together.

Congtrats on getting your funding. You should get a letter for your initial assessment at which point the bariatric nurse and surgeon will explain both the band and bypass to you. They may advise you which is best for you but the decision will be yours as to which route you go. I was advised that the bypass would be best as i binged on food and ate lots of s***. Do your reaserch before you go and have an idea as to what you feel may be nest for you. good luck look forward to tracking your progress x

Hi
congratulations on getting your funding.
I bet you can' wait, i'm sorry that I can't help much but i just wanted to congratulate you.

Hey Tammy
I've just noticed that you have losted over half of your target weight, well done!!!!!

Take care
Trina xxxxx

Hi
congratulations on getting your funding.
I bet you can' wait, i'm sorry that I can't help much but i just wanted to congratulate you.

Hey Tammy
I've just noticed that you have losted over half of your target weight, well done!!!!!

Take care
Trina xxxxx
Thanks i am really pleased with the weight loss. I see you are due to have a tummy tuck done soon. Hope you don't mind me asking but are you having this done private or NHS? I have been told that it is something which i may need once i reach my target. I look forward to hearing about your experience and finding out more about the procedure x

congratulations on getting funding
my progess on the nhs has been a little slow since getting funding. funding agreed start of feb, saw shaw summers about 6-8 weeks ago told then 3-6 month wait for surgery in the mean time had to see sleep clinic which i have an appiontment for on 17 sept so if you have sleep appeana (why do you always have something wrong withyou you cant spell) use you cpap machine and attend sleep clinic.
hope you dont have too long await shaw is a true gent and understands for some of use dieting isnt the answer
it was nice at st richards to have arm chairs you dont have to wedge yourself into and are comfortable before seeing shaw you first see a nurse who takes you weight and hieght etc.
dave

I think I'm going to give my GP's secretary a call because I think my GP needs to write to Shaw again saying that funding has been agreed.

Hi Emma, GOOD LUCK for Wednesday, bet you're excited!

Hi Mini, don't tell me he's handsome, I can't get my kit off in front of someone handsome!!!

Thanks for the link.

Hi MsJMC, I'd say no if they wanted to film me, no not for me at all!

Hi Shelbell, well done on your weight loss - I shall check out your Blog later!

Hi Tammy, if I can I will go the bypass route because I know that if I can cheat I will.

Hi Trina, yes I can't wait - I want it NOW!!!

Hi Dave, I hope I get to see him a lot sooner than that but hope that they get a move on for you soon. Thanks for the tip about the chairs - there's nothing worse is there!

congrates on funding i have seen mr somers tv show on sky hes fantastic good luck with your weight loss x

Thanks i am really pleased with the weight loss. I see you are due to have a tummy tuck done soon. Hope you don't mind me asking but are you having this done private or NHS? I have been told that it is something which i may need once i reach my target. I look forward to hearing about your experience and finding out more about the procedure x

Hi Tammy
I'm very,very lucky because the NHS have agreed to funding for a FTT and MR. I had a very sympahetic GP and a great lady at the PCT help me fight my case.I suffer alot of skin infections inbetween my fold and have to have regular very strong antibioics and my Stomach muscles are extremely weakened after 3 caesarians so the ps mentioned tightening them up which i'm over the moon with as i look 7 mths pregnant by the end of the day. If You need any help, I'm here if you need me.
I have some photo's on
www.picturetrail.com/jellybelly_uk

My Password is 9thsept2008
Take care
Trina xxxxxxx

Hi Tammy
I'm very,very lucky because the NHS have agreed to funding for a FTT and MR. I had a very sympahetic GP and a great lady at the PCT help me fight my case.I suffer alot of skin infections inbetween my fold and have to have regular very strong antibioics and my Stomach muscles are extremely weakened after 3 caesarians so the ps mentioned tightening them up which i'm over the moon with as i look 7 mths pregnant by the end of the day. If You need any help, I'm here if you need me.
I have some photo's on
www.picturetrail.com/jellybelly_uk

My Password is 9thsept2008
Take care
Trina xxxxxxx
Thanks Trina will def have a look. thats fab that the NHS are funding the procedure. Please keep me posted on your progress and i will def be contacting you as i too have skin which isn't gonna go after c sections! x

Hi Tammy
Many thanks, any help I can give I will.
I can't see your comments on my Jellypage,I'm prob no looking in the right place.
Take care
Trina xxxx

don't tell me he's handsome, I can't get my kit off in front of someone handsome!!!

OK, I won't tell you he's drop dead gorgeous :p

Put it this way - I would!

lol HC nope :D besides there's nothing like a reminder that there's some competition for him out there to keep him on his toes ;)

Back