• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just referred by GP for Gastric Band

maxsmum

Hi everyone !! I have been reading your posts and am inspired. I have been overweight for the last 18 years ( I am 33) and have tried every diet including LL. I lost 5 stone on LL which I kept off for four months but had to eat very little to maintain it. Once I put on some of the weight it rollercoastered to the point I have regained it all. I wish I'd never lost it as I have never felt so bad about myself ever:cry:!! People are so cruel (although they dont mean it). I over heard two girls in the office who were mortified about how I let myself go after all the hard work, and my mum is treating me like someones died as I dont see her often as i live along way from her, so one time i saw her I was a size 16 and the next a 22 again !!

I have been to my GP with a list of the diets I have tried in the last 15 years prepared for a fight, but he referred me without question. I guess I just sit and wait for an appointment with whoever now?? BMI is 40, but is gaining as it always does LOL:8855:. Will keep you updated, but keep up the hard work and be completely proud of yourselves.

:welcome: to Minis. You have come to the right place for help, appropriate advice, inspiration, support and bit of insanity chucked in!

Hi Maxsmum, welcome to the mad house lol

I too have been referred for surgery and am still awaiting my first appointment at the hospital.

The peeps on here are all at various stages of their journeys so any questions, just ask away and someone will have the answer.

So what hospital have you been referred to?

congrats on your wls referral. It isnt an easy decision to make, i kno. Well done on making the 1st step. I hope you have a smooth wls journey. Take care R x

All the best with your referal and hope it all goes well.

Thank you so much for your welcome !!

Gp has referred me to the Alexander Hospital in Manchester. Not sure what happens now, but after reading some of the stories about funding i am crossing fingers,legs arms and everything else (which is quite hard when typing!! LOL) that everything goes through alright !!

Thank you so much for your welcome !!

Gp has referred me to the Alexander Hospital in Manchester. Not sure what happens now, but after reading some of the stories about funding i am crossing fingers,legs arms and everything else (which is quite hard when typing!! LOL) that everything goes through alright !!

I had mine done at the Alexander! I had Mr Ammori, he is fab i cant fault him. hes so professional, but also down to earth and friendly. Even my kids running around chattering didnt annoy him during my initial consultation. He is very helpful and gives you all the facts and lets you decide. Take care x

hi
i am 32 and have been reffered for a band but i live under the salford pct and have 6 months of weight management first.
i have also been overweight and tried every diet only to put more and more weight on.
Welcome to this top site
xx

maxsmum welcome to minimins and congrats on getting your referal and your WLS journey

Only been a week since I have seen the doc that referred me for the bypass, should I ask the receptionist if the referrals been sent ? Not sure what to do really as during the doc consultation he asked me who he needed to refer me to ?? Have seen a mental health nurse on friday about long standing anxiety problem that has got alot worse the more weight I put on. Avoiding people that were thrilled I lost weight with LL then gob smacked I have put it back on. He said he would refer me to eating disorders, hope this doesnt effect my chances of the bypass as he thought it was a good idea as I binge but never throw up and the bypass would be a good tool to prevent this, and that the weight was the cause, the anxiety the symptom. OMG I feel like a loony, why is weight the cause of so much stress !! Thanks for reading, would not be able to tell people this face to face, its quite thereputic !! LOL XX

Hi, welcome and lots of luck with the referral.
I live near Preston, Lancashire and my GP had to apply for the funding before referring me to the medics.
Whereabouts in Lancashire are you? We are all meeting up in Preston on the 31st if you're interested.

Lx

I live in Barnoldswick, and would love to meet up, Preston not far, straight down motorway !! Thanks Xx

You certainly have! See you there then!
Lx

Back