• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap Band in London....Help....Please..

gg2007

Hi All!

I have not decided yet to go for the lap band operation in still in the process of doing research and wanted to know if anyone had, had to procedure done in London? Reading through some posts alot of people are going abroad to get it done.

I have spoken to my doctor about it but he is very reluctant to put me forward for it. I meet the NICE criteria for my local PCT, but again without my doctors referral i'm not going to get anywhere fast.

I'm thinking about going private....but the cost it quite a big thing for me.

If you go abroad, how much after care is included in the price?

Do you have to go back abroad to get the fills done? or can you get them done in the UK?

im sorry....i have so many questions...

Hi there
I had my gastric bypass privately in London. It was in the private wing of Kings college hospital, it was still very much NHS, but this kept the prices down. I found it was cheaper having it done here than if i went to Belgium. I was the same as you as far as gps are concerned, she would not refer me even though my bmi was 54!!! If you would like to know anything else then please feel free to ask me.

Good luck
Ruthy x x x

hi all, im new to this forum, so please be patient with me. i wanted to speak to people who have experienced bariatric surgery or will be experiencing. i will be having my very first appointment this friday and am quite nervous about it. :sigh::cry:

Hi GG2007,

Livvy (Lovebug) had her band done in London privately by Professor Hakim - I think she went through Transform to get hers done and she goes to Harley Street for her fills.
Not sure about going abroad, I think there are providers in the UK who will do fills for people who they did not do the op on, but am not sure. I had mine done privately in Norwich and cannot recomend it highly enough.
Good luck with your decision xx

Hey Naila welcome to Mini's :D

There are lots of us here both post and pre-op, so lots of guidance and support for you.

You might find you get a better response if you start a new thread of your own :)

Back