• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liraglutide injections

JoeH

For those with type 2 diabetes.

I've been taking these injections for 2 months now and they do supress the appetite. But a side effect which I experienced was crippling back pain.

So I've stopped taking them for 2 weeks and my back/ rib areas are now just about calmed down. Now I'm considering re-starting up again to assist my new diet as I need to lose 9kg as instructed at my 1st seminar.

Has anyone else out there tried this drug? Have you had any side effects like mine?

Victoza Liraglutite pen injections of usually 1.8 ml once a day.

[Mods, unsure if this is in the correct section of the forum, please move if need be].:eek:

Hi i used to have it before my op but am very please to say have not had it since :) it can be funny to your system i had upset tummy a few times but not the bad back but to be honest i have rheumatoid arthiritis so more pain kind of goes un noticed :)
have you tried taking it at a different time of the day or after food but i do agree it definitely helps with the apettite surpressing

Hi Angie, I'm trying out different times now, just started back on them yesterday. So far so good re back pain. No tummy upsets, but slight nausea now and then. We'll see what happens. x

JoeH said:
Hi Angie, I'm trying out different times now, just started back on them yesterday. So far so good re back pain. No tummy upsets, but slight nausea now and then. We'll see what happens. x

I took them for a year before my op and they helped me to loose .. I has slight nausea in the beginning as I increased the dosage from 6 to 12 then to 18 and of course they helped with the diabetes
Never had any other pains or side effects. But as they reduce your appetite so much and you eat such a little, after my op my weight loss was slow because my system was already used to not eating much... In a way I wish I had not taken them ....

Interesting! I'll mention that to my dietician this week and see what advice she can give. Thanks :)

hope you're feeling better now x i had DS and my diabetes went away within weeks i have never had any medication whatsoever for it since and i feel great don't have shakes or anything any more when i go for a walk and don't have to carry glucose tabs everywhere either :)

Back is feeling better, but still niggles now and then. Had words with GP about it and he thought the injections would not cause that much discomfort. Put it down to lifestyle - posture, the way I lay in bed etc... never had such problems like this before. :( Not lifted up anything awkwardly/ heavy etc... Will stay on them for the time being, as they do quench the dreaded hunger pangs.

Back