• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little Dish - bypass/kiddie meals

tendersage

I came across these in tesco last night and thoguht you lot might be interested.

There is a set of 4 ready meals in the Little Dish range. They have no added sugar or salt and weight in at 200gms per meal. Price was £2.29 each

Looking at the content the protien ranges from 11.4gms to 15.4gms depending on which one you have.

The range consists of:
chicken & butternut squash pie
mild chicken korma
fish pie
pasta with cheese, peas, broccoli trees

these are aimed at children of 1 year plus so could also be good for those on soft or mushy foods as well as complete meals for a bypasser

I came across these in tesco last night and thoguht you lot might be interested.

There is a set of 4 ready meals in the Little Dish range. They have no added sugar or salt and weight in at 200gms per meal. Price was £2.29 each

Looking at the content the protien ranges from 11.4gms to 15.4gms depending on which one you have.

The range consists of:
mild chicken korma
fish pie

these are aimed at children of 1 year plus so could also be good for those on soft or mushy foods as well as complete meals for a bypasser

Its a great idea Sage but i tried kids meals when i was frst pre op and found them to be very bland with not much taste, so tended to steer away from them, i ended up buying ready meals in the best range and freezing half the portion.

Thanks Richard, i bought one of each and will try them sometime over then next couple of weeks. I do shifts so sometimes its a good idea for me to take one in that i can heat/cook in the microwave hence i bought them to try.

The range consists of:
mild chicken korma
fish pie

hi i tried the chicken and butternut squash one not a nice meal very very bland if i was you i'd add some garlic puree or chilli to spice it up a bit xxx

thanks everyone and yes tab sauce for me as well richard mmmmm

Hi
They sound great for the people that have had their surgery bon appetit . good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

No they are not, kids meals are made bland with very little seasoning or salt, you'll find they taste like mush and nothing else ! When you can only eat a little bit, you want to make sure that little bit is packed with flavour.

No they are not, kids meals are made bland with very little seasoning or salt, you'll find they taste like mush and nothing else ! When you can only eat a little bit, you want to make sure that little bit is packed with flavour.
totally agree kids meals are minging

My 2 yer old would never eat these and still won't now but she loves mommys home cooked curry and rice. I am so craving curry and rice why oh why am I craving things I can't bloody well have 8O(

I tried the fish pie and it was like "where's the fish?"

Agree, these are really bland and a lot of money for what you get. It's all a marketing ploy.

:D

home made is best then frozen into kiddy sized portions, no hidden crap either.

cheaper as well x

[LEFT said:
Silversurfer
[/LEFT];1719836]No they are not, kids meals are made bland with very little seasoning or salt, you'll find they taste like mush and nothing else ! When you can only eat a little bit, you want to make sure that little bit is packed with flavour.
sure you could make your own food and freeze them in little containers . I never take salt haven't for years and the food tastes OK but I do like my pepper .Margaret xx

Mixed responses here Di!! But everyones taste buds differ and whats nice for one is disgusting to another so its each to there own. Saying that I do find kids meals need that little extra kick!! Thankyou for sharing your find though Di. xxGaynorxx

i usually cook my own, and i realise kiddies meals are normally blander, gaynor interesting to see the majority feel the same, for me these are a fall back, i like flavour with my food and will be adding to them to increase that when its time to eat one of them

The range consists of:
mild chicken korma
fish pie

Back