• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver reducing diet - alcohol

alberqueque

:break_diet:Ok - I know i really know the answer to my own question but i start my liver diet in about 10 days. I have however got a massive night out planned with my friends on day 5 and although we wont be drinking hard or all night (theatre first) i would like to have a couple of glasses of wine - do you think i could do this and be ok for op?

:break_diet:Ok - I know i really know the answer to my own question but i start my liver diet in about 10 days. I have however got a massive night out planned with my friends on day 5 and although we wont be drinking hard or all night (theatre first) i would like to have a couple of glasses of wine - do you think i could do this and be ok for op?

If your liver shrink diet starts in 10 days and the night out is in 5 days then whats the problem ? - go have a night out, enjoy it and then start your liver shrinker 5 days later !

Well dont take this as gospel but i only had a few days to do a liver shrinking as i had a short notice appoinment.

but i think if you are strict for all of your 10 days ( be sides the one night) you will be ok. as long as your not a everyday drinker.

1 night wont suddendly swell your liver.

If your liver shrink diet starts in 10 days and the night out is in 5 days then whats the problem ? - go have a night out, enjoy it and then start your liver shrinker 5 days later !

Whoops mis read your thread lol

You have to make a decision then in this case whats more inportant to you, changing your life or a heavy night out.......Needless to say solids are out of the question so that negates eating out, though i'd have thought a couple of glasses of wine wouldn't hurt that much, you have a further 5 days after to catch up and be good, just dont push your luck though. :D

have to ask SS why would solids be out the question?

I wouldnt have thought a couple of glasses of wine would hurt I had xmas dinner on my pre op and the anethsatist said I would be ok having a couple of drinks over xmas and new year
Have it forget it start again next day

just check out the calorie value of what your drinking as some alcohol can be laiden with suger but if it only a few and you stick to it rest of time should be fine dont get drunk tho you may forget and get kebab on way home lol

have to ask SS why would solids be out the question?

I wouldnt have thought a couple of glasses of wine would hurt I had xmas dinner on my pre op and the anethsatist said I would be ok having a couple of drinks over xmas and new year
Have it forget it start again next day

Well on the liver shrinking diet your supposed to be on liquids, as i said i would imagine that a couple of drinks wont hurt, but eating solid food isn't strictly allowed, though its up to the individual if they want to risk this, i'd hate to have been woken up for them to say 'sorry mate couldn't do it as your liver was not shrunk enough' - i'd have been deverstated as i'd built myself up to it.

Again its an individual decision, i made the choice to go through this, and nothing was going to stop me getting on that table !

have to say though, that i only did a 5 day liver shrinking diet and the liquid foods were all provided to me by my organisation !

It is personal choice, I start my pre op diet on Sunday and although I am really dreading it, I want to do everything by the book. I have wanted this for so long now that I want to be 100% commited to following what is asked of me to the T. You have the rest of your life to have a drink, only one shot at getting this right. x

I am going to be on a food pre-op because I can't tolerate normal milk and can't stand the taste of soya milk unless it's in a latte! Dietitian said I would be able to be on a low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie (low taste!!) pre-op instead and that they offer both to people.

The food one is ok egg on toast 1round, sandwich 1 round of bread with meat and salad plenty of veg (not root) fish. You just have to have small amounts They will give you a leaflet with suggestions on

It is personal choice, I start my pre op diet on Sunday and although I am really dreading it, I want to do everything by the book. I have wanted this for so long now that I want to be 100% commited to following what is asked of me to the T. You have the rest of your life to have a drink, only one shot at getting this right. x

Well put, the right attitude to be successful, you will ace the liver shrinker and be a looser before you know it - good luck
:D

The food one is ok egg on toast 1round, sandwich 1 round of bread with meat and salad plenty of veg (not root) fish. You just have to have small amounts They will give you a leaflet with suggestions on

Wow - let us know how that one goes, i've not heard of anyone else on here on a real food liver shrinker.

I had strawberry milk shakes and chicken soups for 5 days, it drove me up the wall, but was a small price to pay for a life time of slimness !

Thanx Silversurfer. x

Wow - let us know how that one goes, i've not heard of anyone else on here on a real food liver shrinker.

I had strawberry milk shakes and chicken soups for 5 days, it drove me up the wall, but was a small price to pay for a life time of slimness !

I lost 8lbs but did have a xmas dinner and pud and chocolates:rolleyes: There was no way I could drink that much milk

I was supposed to do a real food one, it's listed in the pre-op diet thread, think it was 800cal a day. Couldn't be doing with all the measuring though so after 3 days I swapped to the milk diet.

I am going to do the milk diet - although I do have the choice of both!
Personally I wouldn't have anything to drink. Each to their own of course - the decision is totally up to you but I would just be too much of a whimp and be too scared to risk it lol.
I am having a night out at the end of next week......I fully intend to get as drunk as humanly possible and see it as a way to say goodbye to the old me. Ask me next saturday morning and i'll let you know if it was a good idea or not lol xx
Hope you enjoy your night out with or without wine xx

I was in such a tizz when I spoke to my co-ordinator on the phone i cannot for the life of me remeber her instructions for the pre-op diet. She told me that my surgeon preferes the milk pre op but for some reason i have written down that i need to do this for 2 weeks. I don't think thats right. Is it ten days? and do you feel like utter crap on it? god help the people that work with me! I did ask her if i could just do slim fast but she said no.

I am going to do the milk diet - although I do have the choice of both!
Personally I wouldn't have anything to drink. Each to their own of course - the decision is totally up to you but I would just be too much of a whimp and be too scared to risk it lol.
I am having a night out at the end of next week......I fully intend to get as drunk as humanly possible and see it as a way to say goodbye to the old me. Ask me next saturday morning and i'll let you know if it was a good idea or not lol xx
Hope you enjoy your night out with or without wine xx

Dont worry Donna you will be able to go out and get drunk again after the op ;) only it will be a lot cheaper for you ! :D

Back