• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver shrinking

hopelesscase

(in my best gordie accent) no offence to you gordies.

Day 3 in the milking parlour and HC wants to know why putting 1 pint of liquid in produces 1 gallon.

On a more seriouse note I know i am making the right desision. I have never been so determined not to cheat. I went to my friends annual halloween party last night and this time last year i was on lipotrim. By the end of the night i had given in and had a couple of sausages and a piece of steak telling myself its protien it wont do you any harm.

But this year i stook to fizzy water and took a yogurt with me. i was there till 2am and came away buzzin.

Im finding having my milk as a hot milky coffee is more satisfying and know from my lipotrim days that water is the key element to keep hunger at bay for the first few days. I prefer natural yogurts and am having the total 0% 52cals per 100g.

For any one starting out on the liver shrinking diet embrace it with both hands it is your friend.

HC

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
Okay I'm nowhere near needing to shrink my liver but I wondered if this is something that can be done using a vlcd like CD or LL???

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Lol HC you're doing great :) you produce more water as the glycogen is broken down which is stored in a fluid, so the more you wee the more you shrink :D

hopelesscase

today i have been so cold so my water intake has been milky coffees made with half milk and half water. every time i have felt cold its been off the kitchen swithch the kettle on put half a cup of milk in the microwave skimmed i hasten to add. By this time im crossed legged so quick run to the loo and then back to kitchen to finish coffee. My energy levels have been great today and i have been tiding some wardrobes out.
going to take my measurements later and get my son to take a before picci for me.
hc

hopelesscase

This is so not right or is it lol. my energy levels are brilliant was out of bed for 6.30 and sorting paperwork. had a nice milky coffee for my breakfast and am off to the gym. Got on the scales this morning and have already lost 6lbs.

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
WOW hc well done on loosing 6llbs !!
keep up the good work.

liz x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
6lbs is great, well done! Yes it's normal to have plenty of energy when you hit ketosis, you get a kind of 'wellness' feeling!

junkinmytrunk

hi, im in bolton too! and my op is 10 days away! going for pre-op tomorrow, i wasnt give a milk diet, i have been been given a really low cal diet? where u having yours done HC?

hopelesscase

salford royal (hope) only found out i was having it done sooner than i thought so that is why i have had to do the milk diet. where in bolton are you im farnworth

julieann

i know this may seem like a really silly question, but how can the surgeon tell whether your liver has shrunk until they actually open you up. is there some sort of test that they do

charliegirl

A doctor can feel your liver from the outside, they can also tell once they have gone in as they will struggle to move it out of the way if its too big....hope this helps...xx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
A doctor can feel your liver from the outside, they can also tell once they have gone in as they will struggle to move it out of the way if its too big....hope this helps...xx

thats right, the reason for the pre op diet is to shrink the liver as its the 1st thing they have to move when they go inside, a smaller liver makes the surgeons job much easier, they can tell if the pre op diet hasnt been followed by the size of the liver.

callysplace

Just to say, that a lady on here called Di followed the milk diet for two weeks, and her liver still did not shrink. Hopefully she will come along and give you the full run down on what happened!

wobbles

As i've said in previous posts, i did the pre opd diet, followed it properly, was too scared not to. Then the night before the op i go into hospital to find another lady in the bed next to me having the bypass aswell, who told me she'd not done the pre op diet at all, and that she'd told the surgeon this, and he said to her that it didn't matter, and to eat anything she could possibly want on her last day before surgery. So she ate chocolate and stuff like that. Her surgery went well, no complications and is healing well, and losing weight.

I think apart from shrinking the liver, it also prepares you for the huge change in eating that is going to happen post op.