• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose Skin Ques for those that have lost a lot of weight?

Ajax

On a Mission...
As I need to loose over 9 stone, I was just wondering how much loose skin people now have?

Is it really noticable?

Anyone who has lost a fair bit of weight want be brave and show some pics?

Don't get me wrong Im happy to have loose skin and be a healthy weight than have plump rounded skin and a BMI of over 40!!:eek:

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Angela,

I have lost five stone and so far so good, but I would like to lose another five, maybe settle for four...

Loose skin is something that I do worry about, I know I am vain...but if it happens I would have to go under the knife I think...

I had to ban myself from watching 'Ten Years Younger' as it depressed me so much, honestly went down hill each time.

They say the vitamins in a vlcd and all the water go a long way in preventing a lot of the worst side effects.

At moment I am very happy with my skin, but not having had to lose so much weight ever before,I really don't know how I will turn out, but at the end of the day I would rather be slim and healthy first of all...

Love Mini xxx

icemoose

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Oh yes I defo have some loose skin!

My abs are now pretty rock hard due to Slendertone and sit ups but the loose skin is still pretty abundent!

I know Sassy76 has just had this sorted and will wait to see the result before investing 7 grand in one myself!

M.

KD

I have a fair amount of loose skin :( I do think that a lot of people reckon they have it, but really there's still too much fat there.

It's more like skin that's lost it's elastic, so any fat beneath it just flops. A lot of that fat has gone, but obviously we done want to lose all the fat from our bodies.

My tummy is crinkled...hey isn't that the fashion? Crinkle shirts, crinkle skirts...just waiting for the vogue to be crinkle skin :D

I don't intend to wear a bikini anyway, so not too worried about my stomach. The bat wings aren't very pleasant, but lots of people my age have them to some extent.

I hate the bit under my chin. I've got a bit of a turkey neck:eek: My breasts are horrible and it's quite difficult to find a perfectly fitting bra.

Nothing has changed much since in the last 12 months since I reached goal despite masses of exercise.

BUT....I can live with this and certainly don't dwell on them. There's just too many positives that come with being slimmer.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mike,

What is the 7 grand for exactly, seems very expensive for your arms or are you thinking of having more done?

Sorry to be so nosey:rolleyes:

Do you think the two months to one stone ration of a wait is working somewhat?

Love Mini xxx

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
I do believe in
1238.gif
MIRACLES...

We need find out from people who have gone through the experience.....the truth is out there.

If we had people tell us their story we would learn more.

Love Mini xxx

KD

I spoke to a plastic surgeon who told me that regardless of however much weight you lose , after 6 months whatever hasn't snapped back aint going to :rolleyes: !

Hope that helps !

xxxx :D

I would agree with that from personal experience. The 2 months a stone theory certainly didn't work for me.

sassy76

Having Surgery After Weight Loss !

Helloooooooooooo !!

Let me tell u a little about my Journey for the dieters out there that don't know me..

I'm previously Haylee76 from the other forums,
I have lost now over 11 stone in weight, and last year went under the knife for a Mastopexy Operation, which took me from a 34-36E cup to a 34 B Cup..
the results where outstanding, but I had always wanted to have my boobs back so to speak.. lol:p

I went under the knife again 25th July 2006, just 11 days ago to have Implants, taking me back to a 34DD and a Abdominoplasty operation (tummy tuck) which I am amazed wth the results of!

After losing the amount of weight that I did, I believe both of these operations were inevitable. Obviously it would depend on the amount of time you were overweight, age, skin tone, elasticity etc...

I was 11 stone overweight for some 12 years, so I have paid the price, and the operations were needed to give me the body image I wanted!

I am obviously still recovering from the operation, and have a few more check up appointments to ensure I am through any problems, but so far so good.. at 9 days I had the staples/clips removed from my tummy, and the drains were removed then too...

If anyone has any specific questions related to these surgeries, please ask away.

As soon as the tapes are taken off of my tummy I will be only too happy to show you before and after photo's if you so wish?

My Surgeon was Mr Mark Gittos who works from the Bups Hospitals (Essex Nuffield & the Hartswood Hospital - Brentwood) I cannot praise his professonalism more! He has an impeccable bedside manner, reassures you all the way, and is VERY precise in his work, FANTASTIC Surgeon.

Any questions, please Ask!

I have also had my up's and down's during my weight loss, and restarting my journey a few times when I didnt think it was possible anymore..

So for any help please just shout:)

Sassy 76 AKA Haylee

icemoose

I don't expect exact costs m8eeeeee but was I right at about 7 grand for this guy to just do a tummy tuck or is that wrong ?

M.

P.S. Do they do interest free credit over 20 years ;-)

sassy76

I don't expect exact costs m8eeeeee but was I right at about 7 grand for this guy to just do a tummy tuck or is that wrong ?

M.

P.S. Do they do interest free credit over 20 years ;-)

Right, With Mark I paid Just under 8 thousand for a Tummy Tuck and Breast Implants, but that is at a reduced rate, because I had already paid Just under 5 Thousand for an uplift, I had a 60% reduction fee on the surgical proceedure..
Complicated I know, basically I believe the Abdominoplasty, tummy tuck for the operation and hospital stay, was around 4,000-4,500

This is the Link for the Surgeon I give recommendation to !

http://www.bupahospitals.co.uk/asp/...ntProfileDisplay.asp?cons_id=71582&og_id=2655

icemoose

Do you know how long you have to have off work if you just have the tuck ?

M.

icemoose

Oh and the obvious question!! How much weight did you lose after having it all cut off ?

sassy76

Do you know how long you have to have off work if you just have the tuck ?

M.

Well Im 10-11 days now, Im still Sore, but i guess IF I HAD to go back to work at 14 days I could.. provided I didnt have to do too much...
They recommend 4 weeks, I would say at 3-4 its possible.

Am taking 4 off myself, as I know with added stress it will take longer to heal, and in our job, as we know it can be pretty stressful!!

It's down to the individual, no one can say how u will recover, and how long it will take to feel well... I went out a couple of days this week, thought i was fine,...
yesterday i fell asleep upright over breakfast, ended up in tears, and then slept on and off all day !!

I hope that helps!

westhills

Hi everyone,
I have lost about 9 stone up to now, and would like to lose another 2 or 3. I never liked looking at myself naked and I still don't, but I much prefer the person in the mirror now to the one that used to be there. Loose skin IS and issue, but less so than skin stretched and full of fat!
I don't have the money to sort it all out in this country - has anyone any experience of surgery abroad? I have been reading http://www.lindabriggs.co.uk - she has a business organising all sorts of proceedures all over the place, and seems to know what she's talking about. How about a group holiday while we all have bits fixed!!!????
Ann

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Holiday of a Life Time!!!

Hi Ann,

What another Brill idea...

I would think you would heal more quickly if you were with friends and they were going through it at the same time...the support with be awesome.

Something to think about.

Love Mini xxx

Russiandoll

Carpe diem