• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Loving my Bike

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Hey All,

Well with my Cycling and 3/4 visits to the Gym now I am getting quite toned up. I'm loving my bike, and had a great 10mile X-Country ride yesterday. lots of mud and water :)

As the better weather gets here, I will be knocking the miles out and have some big rides planned.
Heres a Pic of me after yesterdays ride. :)

Attachments

• Kim.jpg
    Kim.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Nice one mate. What a day yesterday eh?

Same as you, love the thought of the on-coming good weather. Bring it on!!!

You look class mate.
Cheers mate, I'm hoping to be able to start doing the type of distances your doing. im averaging about 15 miles at the moment.

dottychic

15 miles? Phewwww Id have to get hubby to pick me up ;) Well done hun, you have done so well and you look like youve never had a weight problem! XX

Mixman

Cheers mate, I'm hoping to be able to start doing the type of distances your doing. im averaging about 15 miles at the moment.

You're 6 months behind me though with your operation. You'll easy do it. A massive part of the longer rides is mental ability. Once you've got your head sorted that you can do it, you'll do it :D

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
It's also quite Hilly around here also. dont think there is a ride I do without a challenging Hill to get up or 2, not to mention the long inclines. Always get up em though. ;)

Karlos

You're 6 months behind me though with your operation. You'll easy do it. A massive part of the longer rides is mental ability. Once you've got your head sorted that you can do it, you'll do it :D

Yeah that and developing a leather arse LOL :D:D

You guys doing long distances on two tonne mountain bikes are nuts :D My roadie weighs chuff all and even that gets heavy on the legs after 45 miles

I am looking forward to better weather too. I've got a set of new wheels being made at the moment with low resistance tyres can't wait to whack them on and go

xxsarahxx

glad to see how well you are doing big kim, i haven't been on here for a while but your name is one i remember. I think that bike is definitely doing the biz for ya, you're looking fab mate!! i'm pre op and struggle to walk the 2 streets to work from my house, ridiculous i know but thats how it is at the moment. Im hoping to one day to be able to get a bike and ride it....i know it's a world away from what you do but thought i'd let you know that your thread has inspired me to keep hoping.....x

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
glad to see how well you are doing big kim, i haven't been on here for a while but your name is one i remember. I think that bike is definitely doing the biz for ya, you're looking fab mate!! i'm pre op and struggle to walk the 2 streets to work from my house, ridiculous i know but thats how it is at the moment. Im hoping to one day to be able to get a bike and ride it....i know it's a world away from what you do but thought i'd let you know that your thread has inspired me to keep hoping.....x
Thanks hun. I have just ridden a hilly 19 miles today. :)

xxsarahxx

Did you ever think that it would be possible for you to be doing what you do now. I try and imagine the changes but it seems unrealistic to ever imagine myself being anything other than immobile x