• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

menu choice HELP needed

clare-revised

Eyes on the prize
Peeps,
Need you help & expertise.... I am going out for a meal on 28 Feb, there will be about 10-12 adults n teenagers...but I'm freaking out due to the menu.

It's my ex husbands family, who will be there (Inc him) & have no idea about my initial surgery, let alone my revision to bypass!!!

They think I've had gall bladder removed (fingers now x'd this never needs to happen), so by time meal comes I can use another excuse eg post gastric flu or something but I'm goin to have to order & attempt to eat something

Link below to menu.

All excuses & suggestions gratefully received xx

Main menu | Loch Fyne Seafood & Grill

Oh Clare, that menu looks lush! I would think that perhaps your best choice might be something from the fish bar, as you can decide how it's cooked and choose what to have with it, so no heavy mash or anything to spicy.

'Still not quite right after my gall bladder op, strangely enough it's put me off my food - every little helps. I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon' that's maybe what I might say.

Well done you for going out for a meal with your ex and his family!

I have a ball to go to on the 21st Feb and it's a set 3 course meal with free bar - I'm gonna have to start getting my excuses in order soon!

Hi Clare, it seems such a waste doesn't it! If it was me I would go for the fish cake xx

Can you not share, say you have recently had a tummy bug and you're not 100%

Oh Clare, that menu looks lush! I would think that perhaps your best choice might be something from the fish bar, as you can decide how it's cooked and choose what to have with it, so no heavy mash or anything to spicy.

'Still not quite right after my gall bladder op, strangely enough it's put me off my food - every little helps. I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon' that's maybe what I might say.

Well done you for going out for a meal with your ex and his family!

I have a ball to go to on the 21st Feb and it's a set 3 course meal with free bar - I'm gonna have to start getting my excuses in order soon!

Brilliant M....even I believe that !!!! ;) ps I'm meant to be at a ball tomorrow same as your, 3courses plus free bar til 2am....not this year xxxx

Hi Clare, it seems such a waste doesn't it! If it was me I would go for the fish cake xx

My thoughts exactly x

Can you not share, say you have recently had a tummy bug and you're not 100%

I wouldn't get away with it, tho I've already told my darling daughter my handbag may contain food when we leave & that I'll make more than usual trips to ladies (to kill time) & make room in her plate for the contents of mine xxx

I'd go for the lobster to share with someone - they are mostly shell anyway!

Brilliant M....even I believe that !!!! ;) ps I'm meant to be at a ball tomorrow same as your, 3courses plus free bar til 2am....not this year

That's a shame that your missing tomorrow night but just think how fabulous you will look at it next year :flirt2:

Yes the ball for me this year will be a bit of a challenge, all that booze, it's usually a real good but messy night. I'll have to be on antibiotics!! ;) At least if everyone else's antics get too much I can disappear to my room.

That's a shame that your missing tomorrow night but just think how fabulous you will look at it next year :flirt2:

Yes the ball for me this year will be a bit of a challenge, all that booze, it's usually a real good but messy night. I'll have to be on antibiotics!! ;) At least if everyone else's antics get too much I can disappear to my room.

Exactly....
I'm not worried really, more stressful going tomorrow than not! I'm off sick so that has helped! Post op recuperation!!!! ;)
Can't wait to get a fitted number for next year rather than usual stretchy items that I've needed previously xxx

Antibiotics/toothabsess/earache - all fab excuses for an early nite

I would maybe have the fish pie you will be just on to soft food it would go down ok just not to much of it and ask if you can take what sleft home they will wrap it for you just say its very filling you feel really bloated this evening due to the gall bladder op. x

Exactly....
I'm not worried really, more stressful going tomorrow than not! I'm off sick so that has helped! Post op recuperation!!!! ;)
Can't wait to get a fitted number for next year rather than usual stretchy items that I've needed previously xxx

Antibiotics/toothabsess/earache - all fab excuses for an early nite

Ah yes, my stretchy number arrived today!!

Like you I'll be looking forward to next years ball and the hot and maybe even sexy number for next time. :flirt2:

OMG...the restaurant has been changed to a bloody steak house, I'm on purees & no soup on menu!
I've spied kids menu of jck pots, cheese, beans, .... I'm going to feign illness & cleverly push round plate if I can't eat it????
The menu is:
Steak
Ribs
Burgers
Salads
Pastas (all calorific)

Bummer xx

How very rude of them, tell them just how inconsiderate of your situation!! ;)

Must admit I seem to have been out for lunch loads since the op and whilst it's very empowering sitting watching everyone else in the place munching on a massive plate of food it does somewhat get quite frustrating when you can't even manage to finish a children's lighter appetite meal..........my kids thought it was hilarious, monkeys!

Could you maybe order a starter and ask for it to come with the mains? Meats tricky, it might be like a bit of leather!

Ps- got my Ball tomorrow night, won't have to fake illness as am full of the cold and have a voice like a man - bugg*r, feeling poop!

How very rude of them, tell them just how inconsiderate of your situation!! ;)

Must admit I seem to have been out for lunch loads since the op and whilst it's very empowering sitting watching everyone else in the place munching on a massive plate of food it does somewhat get quite frustrating when you can't even manage to finish a children's lighter appetite meal..........my kids thought it was hilarious, monkeys!

Could you maybe order a starter and ask for it to come with the mains? Meats tricky, it might be like a bit of leather!

Ps- got my Ball tomorrow night, won't have to fake illness as am full of the cold and have a voice like a man - bugg*r, feeling poop!

Errr..no healthy starters me thinks.....I too am sneezy, but that's this weekend...bum n buggar!

Ps enjoy ball darling! Hold the thought 'this time next year I'll be in a superslinky number' xxx

These colds can do one eh!!!! Thank you I will try and enjoy the ball I'm sure the thought of next years one will get me thru!!

Good god, that menu is a heart attach waiting to happen, would love to have gone there pre surgery ;) maybe try a mushroom burger and ask them to forget the bun, even the kids menu looks carb loaded! Good luck with your choice....it ain't gonna be an easy one :(

These colds can do one eh!!!! Thank you I will try and enjoy the ball I'm sure the thought of next years one will get me thru!!

Good god, that menu is a heart attach waiting to happen, would love to have gone there pre surgery ;) maybe try a mushroom burger and ask them to forget the bun, even the kids menu looks carb loaded! Good luck with your choice....it ain't gonna be an easy one :(

I know, only thing I could see was the jct spud, which I can push round plate & not such hit on pocket paying and wasting...Lol my daughter told me don't worry mum, just chuck it under the table...did make me chuckle xx

Lol, I used to chuck food under the table when I was wee and didn't like it.
Tell you daughter, good plan!!

Back