• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Momentus moment for me!!!

Hi everyone!

This is going to sound really strange!

I have my consultation on Wednesday and bypass provisionally booked for Sunday 20 June! So I should be starting my pre-op diet on Thursday!

I figured that I won't be needing these anymore so ...

...I just deleted 47 diet related websites/diet forums from my laptop!:D

Is that not just mad!!!

They included Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Scottish Slimmers, Fat Fast, Atkins, Carb Addicts Diet, Harcombe, Protein Power, South Beach, Go Lower, Pig to Twig, Weigh loss Resources, Cambridge, Lighterlife and Paul McKenna to name just a few!

But really 47?????

From now on I need to not stress about food and just do whatever Dr Ammori says and not get pushed into any other diet!!!

Anyone else find this really freeing??

Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of weight loss resources!

So glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Your op is so close now x

Good for you - you just need to be aware of what you eat. I eat most days and say to my husband that I love not being on a diet but making healthly choices in life xxx good luck on the 18th xxx

OMG Jacquie you certainly were not hanging about. Fantastic news, you certainly won't regret it. Don't you just feel so liberated, excited etc. You will be skipping down to the theatre to get the op, well I certainly was.

Where about in Scotland are you from?

Hi Andrea
I really cant wait!
I've got my consultation with Mr Ammori and the dietician on Wednesday, and so long as I am happy to go ahead they are going to do my blood tests then, so that's another thing done!

I live in a village called Crianlarich, which is at the top end of Loch Lommond, about an hour north of Glasgow, so it will be about a 5 hour drive to Manchester on Wednesday - but i dont mind - I'd walk it if I had to! LOL!

Great news Jacuie - good luck from Wednesday xx

Mr A is the best, you'll be in very good hands. He's such a lovely man too, no judgement, very professional & gives you his honest opinion.

Do you know how long you have to wait for the op after you've seen him?

Good luck x

Hi Gail

I can basically get it done as soon as I've done 10 days of the pre-op diet!

Yehay for going private!! I know I'm very, very lucky!

So, I'm provisionally booked in for the bypass on Sunday 20 June which is a week on Sunday!

If I'm not happy on Wednesday, though I'm not committed yet, but everyone says he is such a lovely man that I can't imagine there will be a problem.

Oh Jacquie once you meet him and have chatted over your options, you will be wanting it done there and then. He is great.

Keep me posted with how your consultation goes. Good luck. x

LOL made me laugh 47??????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just reminded me to free up a lot of space on my computer to delete some too.

Good luck with you op hun your new life is just around the corner.

Also just realised that I have 6 huge shelves of various diet books, which I now no longer need! LOL!

Actually, maybe I should put the books on ebay and contribute towards the bypass, they must be worth a fair bit!!!

I certainly have no intention of ever using them again!

Back