• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My band Xrays - shows band,barium & wind - changed pics for newbies xx

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
(Edited :-Changed the pics to flikr so that newbies can see them too :D)
I eventually got my camera to work and photographed in my xray thought it woulkd be interesting for pre-oppers to see where it is inside and how tough the restriction is for the first few days and also a graphic picture of just how much wind gets trapped !!!!

Please excuse the houses in the background as I had to hold it to the window to get enough light :D

Xray taken 12 hours post op.
You can see the band faintly in the middle and the barium above and below. The very dark area in my shoulder is trapped air as is the bit below the barium in my stomach...there is a huge amount of restriction as this is where the stomach is still very very swollen inside the band as it is for a week or 2 after surgery...hence the liquid diet you can just see faint white lines as the barium is going through the band.

I was suprised by how muh trapped air there was but now it expains why it hurts so much lol:cry:
3469388982_3fbb1a47f7.jpg

close up of band...you can just see the tube coming off going down to my port
3469389200_f6e3e8879f.jpg

port wound with Steri strip-butterly closures no stiches for me
17112-albums1178-picture6784.jpg

Last edited:
thats really interesting, thanks for that. Cant believe all that trapped wind, thats a lot! xxx

I guess thats why it lasts so flamming long and hurts so flippin much:cry:

That is really interesting Wanda. The x-rays are so clear, and the trapped wind - so big! I think trapped wind is a crap term for it, it sounds so petty a problem when it hurts so much. It should have a better name.

wow they are so clear. looks much higher up that I woudl have expected !

I took my daughter to A&E once with trapped wind !!! i thought it was apendicitis (sp) and got told she just needed to fart !!!
in the middle of the night with a 5 year old thats not a good thing to hear !!!

Wind ? of the pain involved I think a description could be figgin agony!!!! mine hurt so much for the first week...the guy doing the x-ray said it was an normal amount tho...glad its helped cos I understand some peole dont get to see there x-rays

great post wanda, pretty cool heh

.x.

Thanks for that Wanda it makes it more realistic seeing the trapped wind like that. Now I've seen these pics I know how much I've got to move about to shift it. Tried repping you for this but I've got to spread the love lol. xxxGaynor xxx

Hadnt really seen that and just looked at thought hey thats exactly what it looks like :D

i bought gripe water today suggar free apple flav .. does it help ?
so scared of trapped wind ... fab xrays hun i was going to say you have the borrowers living in semi detached houses in you lolol ..

Thanks Brett:rolleyes:

Yes it does help a lot just have to remember to have plenty of it as the amounts they give are for a baby (weighing just about bu99er all) so don't skimp on it....I found peppermint herbal tea worked too also can recommend a hot water bottle it really relaxes your tummy muscles...I have one of those vibrating neck cushions and held that on my tummy and on my shoulder and that seemed to help brake it up a bit....some one on here also suggested back and shoulder rubs and not only did it help but it makes you feel a lot more relaxed and its nice to feel close and cared for my the person closest to you when proper cuddles can be painful as your sore and bloated for the first few days....good luck xxx

Great x rays Wanda anyone on NHS possibly wouldnt be shown their x rays and certainly wouldnt get copies of them
That is really helpful for those who have never seen them and really good of you to share them with everyone
Wind is a nightmare thing and the pain is bad had it myself after a laparoscopy and as you say flippin agony
I am sure you will have helped reassure some of those waiting surgery and for those like fedup will help them realise how much wind can get trapped and why it is so painful
Great job Wanda

Love n hugs Jay xx

Thanks for that Wanda amazing to actually see the trapped wind I found chewable Windeze did it for me but thankfully I didn't suffer too badly from it.

I'm being a real dolt, but can't work out how to see the pics! ..... doh... can someone explain it to me like an idiot?

Have changed the pics so they come from flikr so newbies can see them cos they cant see the ones on my albums!

Last edited:
Thanks Wanda!! Appreciated ... Really interesting.... & nice spine by the way!

(I've been given a DVD of my operation. Mercifully it didn't work on our DVD player so figure it's probably for a PC,but I don't have a DVD drive..... not sure I fancy seeing my liver up close).

Back